New Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BarmyArmy, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Hi all. I am new to this forum and wanted everybodys thoughts and feelings on my new grow box that I have made. The grow box is 5ft tall big enpugh to fit 1-2 plants. I will be using the SCROG Method. I have 3 cfl's for vegging and when its time to flower my strains I will be installing a 150w HPS with digital ballast.

Now I just want reassurance really. I have 1 desk fan for exhaust but nothing for intake at the moment. I will be putting small wheels on the bottom of each corner. So i will probably cut out 2 intake holes at the bottom on the grow box and place 2 UPVC 90 degree pipes to prevent light escaping. I currently have 4 cpu fans. But will be scrapping these for 2 desk fans to circulate the air. My Blue Cheese seeds are germinating at the moment and I will finish my screen for the scrog tomorrow.

Have a gander. I will post more pics up throughout the week.

Your thoughts, opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Nice!
    What's the wattage on your Cfl's?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I have two 30w cfls and one 125w. do you think that is enough for vegging?

4. The grow box with everything installed

Attached Files:

5. looks like your HID is blue spectrum and cfls are red spectrum.. veg is blue and flower is red... I dunno how hot it is where you grow but you might have temp issues with just desk fans..

hopefully someone with a little more experience takes a look, good luck

6. or those are all CFLs? 

7. they are all cfls mate. Will be getting a hps when shes ready to flower

8. Nice grow box, you could use more light- try for 8 to 10,000 lumens/sq ft. 23 watt CFL produces around 1500 lumens. Where are you venting this grow? More lights/more heat not to mention the odour that is to come!
    Keep posting

9. got you. I have made a hole at the top of the box with a fan directly opposite it. Thats to blow hot air out. I have drilled 8 holes at the bottom of the box for air to go in. I may need an extractor.