New Grow Box Design Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Nebula95, Mar 6, 2009.

1. #1 Nebula95, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    Hey guys
    I've been lurking around for a little bit and finally decided it was time to join. :wave:
    I've never grown before, but I'm a Horticulture/Landscape Architecture major; just on a break from school at the moment. I'm currently trying to design a grow box that I could start out using a soil SOG grow from some bagseed that came from some middies (even though if I can help it, I never want to smoke mids again). As I advance, I'm sure I'll want to switch to a hydro setup (not sure what kind yet), so my cab needs to be able to accomodate both types. My future goal is being able to produce 10 oz every 2 weeks with a perpetual harvest. Is this possible with a cab? I've been thinking about dimensions for the flowering chamber and was wondering if 4Wx3L (suggestions on height?) would be good for a flowering chamber (mother/clone chamber would be separate, if practical). I figured 1 plant per square foot would need 600W of light, right? And once I got things in full swing, would it produce around 10 oz per harvest every 2 weeks? After I get a succesful bagseed grow under my belt, I might order some seeds and grow some good shit. Nebula (hence my chosen moniker) is the strain I picked out and any advice on it is more than welcome. Again, I'm new at this, so please tell me if I'm being too ambitious. I am kind of a busy person, so I might not be able to respond right off the bat sometimes, so please don't get mad if I don't.
    Thanks!:smoke:

2. Just figured out maybe 6'Wx2'L might be better, since 4'Wx3'L wouldn't fit through most doors... Thoughts?