New Grow - (Autoflower/Outdoor)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MaryJaneCy, May 27, 2019.

1. Flowering Cannabis outside is a magnet for tobacco moths. AKA caterpillars AKA bud worms.
    BT once week every week from the first sign of flower till harvest or the catties will ruin it all.
    If you have moths at your porch light your cannabis is at extreme risk.
    [​IMG]
    Bacillus Thuringiensis
    This is a biological not a chemical.
    Destroyed by sunlight in a few hours it is the lowest risk agent we have to use. The caterpillar has to eat some treated leaf then it form crystals in their guts and they starve to death.
    [​IMG]

Any pump type sprayer will work. For a single small plant I'd dial down to say 1/2 an eyedripper ina ahalf cup of water.
    Use it all or discard left over spray. Make new each time for best results. Drench spray the plant till dripping off.

The second thing to watch for is Powdery Mildew. Can use household baking soda for that. 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Spray the entire yard with it as most everything has PM and the spray should not hurt anything.
    Green Cure is the recommended agent but soda is a cheap alternative
    upload_2019-7-3_7-33-59.png

Running a bug zapper close by helps to limit the moths that are your trouble in the first place.
    [​IMG]
    On my 4th zapper if I remember. I chop the grills away so I can brush the dead out each morning. It helps me keep track of how bad the moths are. Usually July and Aug are the worst and I'll double up my BT treatments to twice a week when it's bad.

BNW.