New grow and grower!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dutchberry, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Hey guys! Totally new to this! So I started from a Dutch berry (H) seed just one, and did my germination(water cup) method for 24hrs-ish, then put in a soaking wet paper towel to help with the oxygen, seed cracked 12 hrs later. Planted it with a 1/4 inch taproot. Now last time I noticed it had a 1 inch taproot. Must of been hurried to deep cause it was still about 1/2 inch under the medium. Kinda left the seed head in covered and put under a 300w full spectrum led light now for 3 hrs. About 3 feet under the light. The seed has fully popped off. And so my question is at the base of where the seed was the root makes a hard bend like it was having trouble growing through the medium, so it started growing back down? Will it eventually straighten itself out? Thanks guys any advice or tips help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. First off, once popped put it half inch under soil and give it spray on top and leave it alone, It'll take up to a few days to pop surface also lower the light to 20-24 inches to.limit stretch

Good luck any more questions lemme know fam!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. If I Buried it an inch an a half and it's almost over an inch, it sounds like it would already above the soil if I only buried it half an inch? I brishes like a 1/4 inch of dirt away and the seed head was there, once it hit the lights hrs later it was already seedless and had a couple tiny leaves, that look really light in color one maybe transparent? Not sure what that means lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. That's normal, green doesn't come in until they start producing chlorophyll from light.
    Seedlings are easy mode. Very very little water. I give a shot glass a day about an inch away from the stem. ( VERY GOOD VENTILATION mind You so it dries the soil completely every 18ish or so hours. With low ventilation id hold back, id get a spray bottle and mist the girls once a day. A few sprays on the top layer. Don't soak it.

Literally doing to much of anything will hurt them. A little water and patience.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5. I'm not sure if it'll ever straighten back out but it should be fine I plant my seed directly into Hydro ton and I've never had a problem I'm sure it will be okay even if it doesn't straighten back up

Sent from my N9515 using Grasscity Forum mobile app