New Grow (4 weeks flowering)... a few pictures of the aero/nft setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MightyBuddha, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Well I am 4 weeks or so into flowering but I just got active on the forums again so I wanted to show the setup I am using right now. It is a home-made version of this:
    [​IMG]

Right now I am just have three plants in a dual tube setup but this design is easily scalable. In fact I will be building a clone/veg room using this design so I will try and take pictures as I build out the new rig.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the plants and my aero/NFT setup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. very cool

that setup looks kinda expensive though unless you built it yourself

3. Plants look nice. Seriously, your setup is garbage, and you are totally wasting good space. Your complicated machine takes all the space in your grow room, and your not even using your NFT system properly. The whole point of an NFT system is to regulate hundreds of plants at a time ! You must be smoking some good shit man. lol. You can get better results and more space growing in deep water culture.

wow people, this is a perfect example of a waste of money, time, and space. Growing should not be this complicated at all.

I yield a pound and a half every batch of crops out of a small 4x5 space with nothing more than two lights; 1 400watt MH, and 1 400watt HPS, and good soil. I leave my closet door open, surprise no need to tear holes in my wall and spending a hundred bucks on some bullshit exhaust fan. The smell from the buds growing in my house is no stronger than having my buds sitting around the house, or me smoking in my house. Keep it simple you dumb stoners.

4. The main reason I put this up is to show how you can build out a design like I pictured above for less than $100.

5. You have some good points as to why you need things the way you do in your living situation, however i still disagree with your method of growing, respectfully. I think if you filled that area with pots and 1 400 watt MH you would yield more. 400 watt MH doesnt get hot at all.

I dont have to water my plants very often at all. once a week.
    my soil is Soiless jiffy mix, with 20 percent perlite, guano, bone meal, blood meal, kelp, Dolomite lime. I only have to water these things because my soil is rich with nutrients. every now and then i will give them a nice tea when they need it.

6. haha, do you even grow kid?

400w metal halides get hot. go ahead kid, touch the 400w light, if you even have one, and tell me it's not at all hot like you stated before.

7. looking good cant wait to see final buds

8. Of course its hot you moron, a regular soft white light bulb used in typical lamps will burn the fuck out of you, so grow up and learn some basic logic skills so you can put forth a cogent argument and stop taking what i say out of context. Now, what i meant was that it doesn't produce enough heat, in my grow room at least, to warrant buying an exhaust fan and all that jazz.

9. Kotton - I respect you for not going off the handle after reading my responses... I would have been nicer if I wasn't dry right now :-/

In looking at what I have going on it does look like a cluster fukc so I don't disagree that it could look better.

The reason it is lifted so high off the ground is because of the size of the res I am using... had to go high so I could use gravity to drain into tupperware.

Now that my sig other has given the OK to scale up a bit I will make better use of space.

I am suprised you can run a 400W light in a 4' x 5' space without heating issues but more power to you.

10. I love seeing stuff like this.. always have... must be a bit leaky. but when its all done... nothing tastes better in weed then the pride of doing it yourself with your own means.

Cheers mate

11. Beauty of PVC glue is zero leaks. The duct tape and tin foil showing on top is to cover extra plant sites. :-D

12. i took nothing out of context. you said it right there. "400 watt MH doesnt get hot at all."

so in one of your post's you say it doesnt get hot and in the other you say it does get hot??? make up your mind.
    pretty dumb of you to say something you dont mean.

and you know you were in the wrong because in your second post you state, "now, what i meant" so you obviously know you fucked up on the first post.

13. the back of my skull with attest to 400 watts of HPS being fucking hot as hell when your topping and you straighten up withou thinking.. and you hear that fast "sssssss" sound.. yeah.. thats your skin frying.... so fuck anyone in the left eye that says HID lights at ANY wattage arent hot.

ahh the good old days.... huzzah for vented shades :)