New grow 100% organic!!!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by gingerholic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hey blades and bladies!

So I started my soil the first of dec. Been cooking ever since. Here are a list of my base soil and ammendments loosely based on ITG's organic soil recipe.( thanks ITG!)

Base soil consist of :

Using a 32 gallon Rubbermaid tote.

1/3 sphagnum peat moss
    1/3 ewc
    1/3 perlite

All of that was mixed in with 1/2 mushroom compost. ( I know not ideal for veg, but I'm going to be doing a scrog more then likely. Plan on dropping my best in the tote with a rigged up PVC pipe running vertical for water. One horizontal running the length of the tote under soil for extra air to the roots.)

Anywayz....will elaborate on the tote when the time comes.

Ammendments :

Dolo lime
    Kelp meal
    Alfalfa meal
    Neem cake
    Azomite
    Rock phosphorus( very small amount)
    Garden tone
    Mycos

Also ammendments I have and did not incorporate into my soil.

Greensand
    Jamaican bat guano
    Bone meal
    Fish meal
    Blood meal

A few others hidden in there that I don't feel like digging out at the moment but I'm sure someone will mention them haha!

The three I have going are 4wks from seed.
    Not that big cause they were shocked in the beginning do to really low temps. I have since implemented a space heater. Problem solved for now.

All have been under a 600wt dimmable hid,
    Oscillating fan, and 440cfm out take fan with a carbon filter.

Also all have been lsted and topped. Topped early trying to make some bushes if ya know what I mean!:D

Topped at the third set(little early but again trying to make bushes!)

First up white widow(nirvana)fem.

image-2351156930.jpg

Next Bag seed of some killer Reggie

image-3893914733.jpg

And last is Black berry kush(sativa seed bank)fem.

image-1040784448.jpg

image-2667844596.jpg

^^^^One of my lady bug friends that just showed up outta nowhere to take residence under my WW.;)

My temps and humidity are approx

image-2162282071.jpg

image-2811215328.jpg

Hope you guys likey!:)

Any opinions, questions , and comments are welcome. Speak your minds!:):):)

P.s. soil was activated using an ACT tea bubbled for 36hrs. Later guys.

Attached Files:

2. #2 gingerholic, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    image-2889985944.jpg

This is the soil tote I'm gonna build a scrog over.
    I forgot to mention all of the current plants have 1/3 of my soil mix at the bottom of the pots. The rest is made up of perlite ,happy frog , and peat moss.

3. On reading my own journal I forgot to mention that my humidity is pretty low for veg. You guys think a 5 gallon bucket of water and a bubble stone sitting in the room will help?

4. Hi Looking good mate can't wait to see how it turns out, and I have put buckets of water in rooms before to try increase humidity before but the fans just suck it straight out again.. it's a tricky one I think the best way I have found without buying a humidifier is getting a few big towels hanging them but one end in the bucket so the towel is wicking the water and evaporating in the heat it sucks more water into the air that way and will give a higher RH than just a bucket on its own

HTH

5. What is the recommended humidity level for veg and flower? Right now in veg I am around 35% is that ok? Too low? I doubt that is too high.

6. Thanks HTH. Ill have to try that. Ill let you know how it goes.

I try to shoot for 50-60% RH in veg. 35% would be perfect for flower but it is very low for veg.

7. Also forgot to mention ( I medicate often) that I used a foilar spray of alfalfa and kelp split 50/50 with Distilled water. Only used it once and put the rest in the soil.

I think that's what helped pull my ladies outta shock from the cold weather. The combo of that and the heater addition worked wonders so far.

Also have a neem oil/dish soap spray I have been using once a week since last week. Been giving them a bit of a shine.;)

8. That is no good as my humidifier is turned all the way up, I wonder if adjusting where it is placed in my room would have any effect on that. If not I will have to try what w89 has told you to try.

9. I'm go with HTH. Where is your humidifier in comparison to your outtake in your room? Could be just blowing out through your fan like HTH explained.

10. Do you have a grow thread KaHgKNOW?

11. No thread. The way my room is set up I have a fan on the left of my light blowing up towards it keeping the temps down, then I have a fan attached to my light blowing out a vent that is attached on the other side of the light. In comparison to that my humidifer is on the right side of the room so it is very possible that the fan on the left is blowing it up into the fan on the light and that could be blowing it out of the room.

12. Oh to bad. Wanted to see what ya got growing.

Sounds like you got an idea of what to do. Just move the humidifier to the left by the first fan so the moisture from the humidifier at least blows over your babies.:)

13. Gonna water the ladies when I get home. Hope to have a lot of new growth to post on the next few days.

I usually see dramatic changes after a good watering!:)

14. These look like nanners to you guys?:(

image-3537389289.jpg

image-4260300803.jpg

image-1867319825.jpg

15. Does WHAT look like "nanners"??

I have no idea what you are referring to. "Nanners" is slang for hermaphrodite flowers - basically little yellow flowers/pollen sacks on a flowering plant. You would not see them until you were well into flower, which you are not. At all.

J

16. What's up Jerry? Yea I realize I'm not in flower. The first pic I have my fingers in. The little growth about a 1/4 inch outside the node is what I'm referring to.

Haven't come across anything like that. It's a bag seed the rest are solid female genetics.

Any ideas?

17. #17 pointswest, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    When growing from seed you will usually not see pre flowers until the phylotaxy (the arrangement of the leaves on the stem) changes from opposite to alternate. You are probably referring to the stipules, the little grass-like appendages in the nodes. When the leaves begin to grow alternately you will start to see pre-flowers appear in the upper growth.

PW

18. ^Said it better

19. Also forgot to mention I'm trying something diff with the light schedule.

I'm trying to gradually raise the on time of my light. Trying to mimic the summer.

Basically started 15/9, on 16/8, then 17/7 till 18/6 and then I'm going back down with it.

I know 18/6 is for maximum light, just experimenting.

Can't get better if I don't try new methods.:)

20. Yea man I understand that. Just never seen growth that far out from the node. They are thick almost like the start of a stem. Not like the two little hairs that form a v at the stalk on a node. Look at the first pic.

That look normal to you? My forth grow. Getting better with everyone but I'm still green....yellow lol!