New greenhouse grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Fatcat1017, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Hey guys. I’ve been in the industry for the last 10 years. I’ve owned dispensary’s , been raided , had indoor grows , outdoor, but I’ve never run a green house before !

I’m in a unique spot where I have a 3000 sqft greenhouse that I can rent for $3,000/month until January and then $2,000/month through winter. Water is there via a well but there is no electricity. This is in Northern California so it will get cold around those months.

Now , it is already September (I know I’m starting late) I need help to come
    Up with a game plan on how I want to run this.

Here are some questions I had:

1. Should I run autoflower plants as many as I can fit in 5gal buckets and not worry about additional light ?

2. Or should I think about just running regular plants and running CFLs off a generator for light supplement at night ?

I am confused how I want to run this guys ! Idk what pot sizes I should use , how I should approach this. Any help is appreciated

2. Some pics would be nice to see what you're working with. I've got a 20x90 that I ran supplemental lighting on for my last run of the season, just cut the lights so natural 12/12 is taking over and looking like a November harvest. If you have access to a shit load of clones or teens then just go with numbers and minimal lighting if any. If you can't afford a lot of plants then do less and run lights for longer. Either way you look at it it will be a late harvest but if we have a dry fall then we'll both be ok.

3. I'd sub let/ Rent it out

already prices for weed are falling and will be some time before they recover

also Ca has water issues thats a serious hidden cost

good luck tho