New Green Label ROOR GonG

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by toetouch, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Got this from WV yesterday.

[​IMG]

$310 with that bag, a glass screen, and a bottle of Formula 420, on top of the thick ROOR bowl and diffusing stem.

Worth it? :)

2. That looks nice! How thick is it?

3. 7mm thick.

4. thats awesome man i thinks its a good deal if your happy it is

5. That sig looks a little iffy, but otherwise it looks pretty legit. And I know those bags are expensive. Nice pickup

6. that is actually a known fake sig.

sorry dawg. its nice tho

7. no questions, fake.

8. #8 light green, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
    i hate to be another guy jumping on the fake wagon, but it doesn't look legit to me.

if it were a roor they'd of paid more attention to the degree of the angle in which the downstem enters the water. it'd be more vertical.

however, just because it isn't a real ROOR, doesn't mean that isn't a badass beaker bottom. enjoy that piece, but whoever you bought it from. you should let them know that you KNOW it's a fake. and when they try defending it tell them to gtfo, and step their game up.

9. you got taken for a ride my friend. honesty i would go back and fuck shit up if they are not willing to help you. if you would have only payed $200 or less it wouldn't be that bad but you got your head slapped.

to the people that say its ok because you still have a good bong its not ok. he had the intentions of buying something and got something different in return.

10. Yeah, it doesn't really matter if it "still works like it should". He paid for the quality and the name of a legit Roor and anything less than that (especially what you paid for it) isn't right.

I would go back and either ask for a refund or more glass :D

11. I would create a new entrance in one of the windows if they act like douch bags. What is the name of the HS you purchased this from.

12. Just one more blade confirming that the bong is in fact a fake.

13. As others have pointed out, this is not a real RooR.

But there is still hope. I once mistakenly purchased a fake RooR (on a whim, didn't look it over when I bought it). It took a bit of haggling, but in the end I was able to exchange it for a legit one, no cost to me.

Good luck.

14. #14 Gangaboris, Dec 31, 2009
    It's fake... Just take it back, and ask them if you can exchange it, and make sure to clean it before you bring it back.

15. It's not real, but smoke out of it anyway.

16. Well, all the signs of being a ROOR is there.

-Copyright symbol
    -Signature, there's even some without signatures, it really depends.
    -Smooth base
    -3 ice pinches
    -Logo fits well

I honestly don't see how you guys are calling fake. I could see if there were 4 pinches or the logo was backwards.

But I'm new to buying expensive glass, so correct me if I'm wrong.

17. #17 centralsmoke, Dec 31, 2009
    real roors don't have those dots as a signature.

it's fake. period.

i know you spent a lot of money on it and it sucks, but it doesn't make it real.

18. i already mentioned the degree of the downstem. ROOR pays attention to that kind of stuff. a roor is made proper, that looks like a 150 dollar piece of glass someone slapped a roor sticker on.

also, OP. what does the downstem look like. i wanna see the diffusers. if it's a roor it should have roor parts on it.

19. You are wrong unfortunately. The second I saw the sig I knew it was a fake. I would clean it really well If I were you and take it back and complain.

20. RooR knock offs have been improving in quality, but they're still a far cry from the real thing. Here are the things that tell me your RooR is not legitimate:

1 - 7mm RooR's have lime green labels, not forrest green like yours (unless it's a unique model, which yours is not).
    2 - The ice pinches are shallow and pointy (as far as I can tell in this picture). Real RooR's have deep, smoothly shaped ice pinches that almost touch in the middle.
    3- While it is true that there are a variety of RooR signatures (and some without any sig at all), the specific signature yours features has popped up over and over again on proven fake pieces. Fake RooR's consistently have the signature right on the joint like yours is because...
    4 - The joint is nowhere near as smooth as a real RooR. On RooR bongs, the joint flows smoothly in to the piece and it's almost imossible to see the weld line. On knock offs, the joint is straight and blocky, and looks like an after thought in comparison.