Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Grasscity Seasoned Tokers Thread Trend?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by solarhitz, Jan 6, 2014.

1. #1 solarhitz, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    Is it just me or am I noticing an abnormal number of posts all titled stuff like, "Weed making me depressed?" "I feel empty how do I quit marijuana" "Will marijuana help/interfere with my SSRI's?" etc. I'm not sure of everybody's background, but it feels as if there are very few stories of marijuana actually being a positive, controlled habit. My story:

I'm a young male, 20's, who has struggled with Acid Reflux disease, Irritable Bowel, and what doctors have basically simplified with an umbrella term and called "GERD". I also had poor self esteem and was depressed to the point of self harm. I had little to no contact with any kind of illegal drugs until I was in my late teens. After hearing about the government propaganda movement and drug war, I researched marijuana for 3 months before deciding to use it.

Several years later, me and my girlfriend still smoke 1/4 oz every 2 weeks between the two of us (I smoke a bit more than her, probably 60/40 split.) I no longer suffer from panic episodes or spend days obsessing over self-loathing, and my stomach has calmed down to the point where my throat isn't raw, I never throw up my meals, and my stomach and bowel discomfort is down to an easily managed minimum.

Any other positive stories out there? I notice around this time of year (typically from November-Feb) there is always so much negativity and stress.

Edit: During highschool, my grades were predominantly B's with a few A's in certain subjects, and I worked a few different jobs between 9th grade and now. During highschool I taught martial arts at a school I had attended for 15-20 hrs a week. More recently, have been in college for three years now, with grades almost all A's, holding a part-time job at the college as well as working an internship. Marijuana was not any kind of habit until post highschool. 

2. I didn't start toking until my early 20's, 26 now. It's been nothing but fun and good times. Maybe it's after 10+ years that the depression and negative shit sets in, but I really hope it's never for me.

Just like you OP, I did a ton of research, I have a stoner guru friend I could go to with all my questions and concerns and I browsed this forum for months before I signed up. Then one day I just did it, loved it, haven't looked back. I've made friends and relationships through it that I'm positive I never would have otherwise and had experiences and fun nights that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise. 

I can't even imagine the herb being a negative thing at this point in my toking career. Long may that continue!

3. Their is a reason, because people that enjoy their smoking experience don't make threads about it. Also think about it this way: for each thread that their is a person that is having a negative experience with cannabis, their are a bunch of people that reply, that do have positive experiences with cannabis.