Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New glass bong - bowl hole too big?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mr man fan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

Just bought my first glass bong a few days ago, not used it yet due to having no weed :rolleyes:

But im gonna use it tonight...thing is, the hole in the bowl seems to be rediculously big...

The inside of the bowl barely tapers inwards at all...wtf? what's the deal with that?

Any weed i put in will basically fall right through...advice? im a bit miffed to be honest :(

2. you need a screen.

3. You could try putting one big on the bottom and packing on top of that depending on how big the hole is, but if its to big a screen would do the trick.

4. I have screens i've previously used for my metal pipe...but they (almost) just fall right through...

just doesn't seem right to me :confused:

5. 1. go to ur local hardware store. Home depot, lowes, Ace, etc..
    2. ask an employee where the regular water faucet screens are
    3. buy a few of the faucet screens, they r super cheap
    4. take home and cut screen (w/ scissors) to a size that will slip down to the bottom of your bowl with falling through use pinkie finger to bend screen and push it to the bottom of bowl

you can leave that screen in there till you feel the bong is getting to hard to clear, once this happens simply push the old screen out with a toothpick or something and replace it with new screen

happy toking my friend, hope this helps :wave:

6. The only options then is to return it and look for a different one.

Get a different down stem.

Or buy bigger screens

7. Thanks for the kind response :)

Yea, it sounds like that is what i'll do! I'll pop into the headshop i bought it from tommorow afternoon first and see what they say, then if that comes to night do what you said :D

My mate is coming round later on with some "samples" to try it out on later, i guess il work something out eh, old stoner macgyver type tricks :p

8. isnt a hole to put a ashcatcher or a bowl? sry if im saying shit idk much about bongs..

9. Just get another bowl and make sure you check out the size of the hole.