New genetic type?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quality tubes, Apr 27, 2011.

1. #1 Quality tubes, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    A plant only producing Calyx's? Is this really true? Is anyone familiar with the growing of this strain? It really interests me, I've heard it's around "25%" thc.

(Pics Below)

2. :eek::confused::confused_2:Named in honor of our hero, the brilliant cannabis advocate, researcher and author Dr. Lester Grinspoon, this is a pure heirloom Sativa. The plant grows thin and tall, and requires a longer flowering time. When mature, the colas look like compact, green and red-brown beads, loosely strung on thin stems with a dusting of THC crystals. The fragrance off the buds is of sumac and lemon; the smoke is light and tangy with citrus and tropical fruit aromas. Dr. Grinspoon offers a strong, long-lasting, energetic and cerebral high. Old school Sativa of the highest order. Being a pure sativa this will take its time to grow and prosper like a good wine takes to age. But if you can wait for the fruits of your beloved to take full effect you will realise that she has some of the highest THC contents known to man.....coming in at a whopping 25%, this strain is not for the faint hearted. Stronger than most skunks on the market Dr Grinspoon is a medicinal strain that does its namesake proud by providing the user with incredibly high quality medicine.

[​IMG]
    First I MUST see this grow.
    Second I MUST smoke this
    I would like to know if anyone knows anything more about this as well .:confused:

3. Ty for the info! It's really one of a kind isn't it? I'd love to see any type of grow journal on this strain

4. Not grown Dr Grinspoon but I've smoked it in Barney's coffee shop, very nice sativa buzz.

I often wondered why they use that shot :confused:
    This strain has a long flowering time so maybe thats how it looked at somepoint but the finished bud just looked like most other dank :smoke:

5. I have seen the mountain...and i must climb it! one day i shall have this strain, its simply to awesome to pass up.

6. They use that shot because that is one of the phenotypes you can expect to see if you grow out this strain. I recently finished flowering three Dr. Grinspoon from seed (in sealed 10 pack form Barney's Farm).

The "Bead" phenotype does finish like the plant in the advertisement photos. There is, however, a second phenotype that looks like a more typical loose budded pure Sativa.

I didn't really cure it well because it was so loose that it dried too fast. Still gets you super fucked up, but lacks the taste of a well cured bud.

The Bead Pheno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG_3744.jpg picture by StinkBomb420 - Photobucket

The Bud Pheno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Two Faces of Dr. Grinspoon. Well, the two faces I've seen so far.

[​IMG]

The Bead Pheno is better IMO, but the Calyxes are far smaller than those shown in the photos put out by the Farm.

7. OMFG dude that is beautiful!!! I'm saving those pics! Christ, its a bud orgy on that thing!!!

8. Thanks Dude! I'll throw up some more pics later. I'm actually shocked by the weight put off by the Bead, or Caterpillar pheno. I thought it would be a very low yield in terms of weight, but not so. Almost every part of the plant is smokable aside from the thicker stems. The thin stems are completely covered in trichomes.

I suffer from serious chronic pain, so I tend to like the Indica dominant plants. In fact, I've pretty much switched to concentrates since purchasing a Tamisium Extractor. But I really enjoyed this high. Especially when vaped through my Volcano. Even without a good cure, the vaporizer tends to reveal the true flavors present.

Anyhow, good luck with this lady if you plan on growing her out in the future.

9. Nice, thanks for sharing :D

10. Thank you VERY much Stinkbomb! I really like the beaded phenotype, it's so unique. The other pheno just looks like a lot of fox tailing which is pretty. I'd love to give this strain a smoke test or a grow test in the near future, for sure.

11. oh yes, now I have a new goal, to get me some of those seeds!!!:hello::hello::hello:

btw, does it clone well?:confused:

12. Haven't tried cloning her yet. This is my first experience with this strain. I have a nice plant in the veg room... I'll give her a try in the cloner.

13. Must be a weird looking plant in Veg

14. Holy crap, you could almost grow the beaded grinspoon anywhere! Doesn't look like a bud plant at all!

15. What does it look like in Veg and how is that 100-110days of flowering ?