new federal reserve limitations

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by poodog313, Apr 1, 2008.

1. oh well i dont know if this is in the right section but fuck it

I just watched that zeitgiest shit....whatever

but ya all that talk about the federal reserve...and now in the news as of lately, bush is talking about expanding powers of the federal reserve

Discuss, i know there are some blades that likely have very good opinions on the subject so lets hear it

2. cmon now bump this shit..

all the news lately just sounds so shitty...the housing crisis, that bear-sterns buy out shit, the fed...

damn and this zeitgiest thing was made probably 5 or so years ago but it seems to hit the nail on the head

3. It's bullshit if you ask me. How much power is the federal government really going to have? And how much are ignorant fearful idiots going to give them? Oh the terrorists, stop the terrorists, terrorism, Al Queida, terror. Bullshit.
    "Those who give up liberty for safety, deserve neither." A great man once said.
    And anyone who thinks that the government has your best interest in mind, or needs ANY more power for ANY reason, ought to be hung like the fucking tyrant they are.

4. do what you want,

society is aesthetic. . . nothing really matters.
    who's gonna stop you? who can really control you?

this existence isnt forever, afraid of losing something that was never really there?

;)

5. you just blew my mind :smoking:

but ya I dunno the whole thing still has me kind of boggled..regardless of watching this tonight though i have been increasingly disapointed with america lately, and watching these issues play out over the next several years will be interesting to say the least

6. Well it is actually WORSE than that. The Federal Reserve is not a government agency. It is a private institution and operated by the bankers. So you statement should be: how much power is our federal government going to give away to private bankers to rule us all.

If you are confused by my statement, I suggest reading the book the poster above me posted the cover of.

7. I get that, I've seen it. I'm just simply stating that there needs to be ABSOLUTELY NO new power granted to the Federal Government. The government is supposed to work for us. But it's not at all like that. We do as the government wants us to,, and what they say. They sit around and write laws, all fucking day. Thats it...... just write laws to oppress, and gain financially, all the while, trampling on the edge of the constitution, and thinking about what they can do to get more out of us next time. By the way, do not accept the national ID. If no one accepts it, there won't be one. Do you want the government knowing virtually every last detail about you? I don't. Do not accept it.

8. + fuckin rep

None of my teachers used to get what I meant when I said shit like that...fuckin robots..

9. dont be so unfair to your teachers.

they are people too.

people who are EXTREMELY censored.

school is a government institution, you bet your ass they have to repeat what the government says.

its so easy to lose your position at a school and ultimately your teaching license just for expressing your honest opinion.

give them a break, most of them are beautiful people.

10. man you guys are silly as shit. The federal reserve is a private enterprise. Their job is to monitor currency as well as the current economic state of a union. The new power is to prevent banks from giving out shitty loans, in attempt to fix this foreclosure problem where everyone is losing their homes.

relax everyone, take the tinfoil hats off.

11. So telling us that if you believe in evolution you don't believe in god is right? That god was the only answer and every other religion is crazy? That in muslim countries they worship camels? Right I know what your talking about :rolleyes:

12. youre a hostile man arent you?

apparently it was i who didnt know what you were talking about.

deep breaths oooooooossaaaaaa...

doesnt that feel better?

13. Me? Hostile? I've never been in a fight in my life...your really confusing me though I sense sarcasm and its really late at night..those two just don't mix heh

I never said my teachers weren't people I just said they were fuckin robots...which they act like they are though I don't have teachers anymore so I don't have to deal with that shz..

Btw that was an example (though they really did say that shit on occasion, it usually came up at least once a week)
    But they all believed the government was supposed to control us even though the constitution was clearly put there so they would serve us and try to make our lives as great as they can be...though it seems to be heading the other direction.

14. I believe that the main reason people are losing their homes, is because they are living beyond their means. Debt is a nasty, and viscious cycle, enslaving millions of Americans. There isn't any possible way I would ever default on a loan, because If I don't have the fucking cash for it, I CAN'T AFFORD IT. I live in a small 2 bedroom house that I bought outright. It was a fucking hole when I bought it, it's fairly decent now. I've done a lot of work to it, but I own my land, and my house, and everything inside my house. I drive a 93 Ford F-150, that I bought with cash, though I could go and get a loan for a brand new truck with no problem.I think that a lot of americans feel that they are somehow "entitled"
    to a certain lifestyle, and that's where they get fucked. Nobody is coming to forclose my home. I might not be rich, but I don't owe anyone a fucking dime. I have good credit, and a couple of credit cards for emergencies, but some people are biting off more than they can chew. And it's your own goddamned fault for agreeing to such a ridiculous loan. Even if you can't buy your place outright, you might just have to consider living in a smaller domecile, or a little worse neighborhood. Sounds kind of crappy, but thems the fuckin bricks. Americans (in general) would rather entertain themselves with 400 inch plasma televisions, and new cars, and all kinds of silly things, than worry about the important things. I grow my own vegetables, I hunt, and I'm not letting any
    goddamn bankers take what's mine. Necessity>Comfort any day. Keeping up with the joneses isn't going to fly, now that our dollar is worth about 4 cents, and there's no gold left in fort knox. That's why I don't take vacations. Motherfuckers vacation themselves out of luck. I do take my two weeks paid vacation, but I generally use it for something that will benefit me. I work roughly 50 hours a week, and I do hard labor. I just don't see how the pencil pushers even need a vacation. A vacation from what? Sitting on your ass in some cozy office chair? Come out to the field with me and earn a mans wage drilling for natural gas. The shit will blow you to pieces if you're dicking off, daydreaming about Hawaii. Meh. This is one hell of a rant. Sorry folks.......

15. I saw last night that the writeoffs from all of the major companies will total in excess of 1 trillion dollars.

I also heard that the fed wants to create an agency or atleast a new power that will allow them to oversee and regulate the morgage industry.

16. Great rant! I've watched friends of mine get crushed under debt, trying to live how they think they are entitled...such BS.

Peace man, OGH

17. I dont think it takes rocket scientist to realize that the reason people cant afford the homes they are in is because they are too expensive. But tackle that with the rate of unemployment in the country it equals for a mess.

Plus a lot of the loans that were given out were cheap in the short run, but then increased over the next 15-30 years of the loan. As interest rates rose, they couldnt afford their house payments.

So now the federal reserve is going to be double checking these loans and keeping the banks who make them accountable. I dont see anything wrong with this, if anything its the federal government granting power to a private company. Which is a lot better than the federal government holding that power.

I would like to see the FDA replaced with a private enterprise as well. Its already been proven that the FDA is a joke. They have no incentive to do their job well, so why not open it up to a private corporation who is going to compete for their wages.

18. The only thing that creeped me out about the zetegist was the part where there were like 10-15 people in history that had the same powers and death and birth as Jesus did. Like it was a cycle. If thats true... then holy shit!

19. Its not true so dont go shedding away your faith. The guy who did that section isnt even a professional. Hes some old guy who developed an interest in egyptian culture and hyroglypics. And yes, not very much of the "information" is true. Jesus wasnt a fictional character modeled after Horus. And I dont know if the guy knows this, Bethleham is a real place. He seems to think Jesus was born in the stars. No. Bethleham is a real place that can still be visited to this day.

A lot of other things arent right either but Ive talked and dispelled Zeitgiest way too many times to do it all over again because someone thinks Christainity is made up because of some 25 minute video clip done by an Atheist