New equipment setup. Give Suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IndicaSativa420, Jul 26, 2006.

1. I am buying a bunch of new equipment. In fact ive already bought a nice 1000w hps and a digital ph pen. But i am planning on getting all this. What do you think i coulkd yield on average per plant (indicas) with the following equipment. I also have several grows experience, i yielded 2 oz. per plant using a 400w hps (plants weren't even 3 feet tall). The buds were very dense. But here it is, just give your thoughts and info:

1000w powerhouse ballast, 1000w hortilux hps bulb, hydrofarm valuebrite 6" aircooled reflector, glass lens for reflector

Dayton 265cfm blower w/ 6" intake flange

6" duct tubing to aircool the light

1 gallon each of pure blend pro grow and pure blend pro bloom

1 gallon each of ph up and ph down

digital ph pen (waterproof)

100% organic soil mixed with 20% perlite and some blood meal and bone meal

airconditiong for the room (temps wont be above 80 and humidity will be around 50%

room is flat white for reflection

plants will be in 5 gallon pots when they start flowering

All the plant will be lst'd and be around 3-4 feet tall at harvest

Strains: i am thinking about C99, white widow, and a mostly indica skunk strain.

2. idk what your yield will be, but that sounds like a nice set-up.

3. I just ordered a few more items besides the light and ph pen that i bought a few days ago. Today i ordered the fan, duct tubing, intake flange, cloning equipment (tray, dome, rockwool cubes) and some superthrive. All i have to get now is the soil, seeds, pots, nutrients, and the ph up and down.

4. DAMN you must got some moneys- yes i meant to say moneys like an idiot kid-:) :) to throw away?! i read on GRASSCITY and can vouch for it.. you can use an old sty-ri-foam -sp- cooler with plastic rap for a lid or something clear- very cheap and just as good.. my friend baught a "cloner" for almost 200 dollas- idiot! i get BETTER success rates then him and i paid nothin cuz it was collecting dust in my garage.. also (my experience is 4 generations of clones and a bunch of each for friends and what not) is the rockwool cubes are kinda overrated and priced.. it takes a while for clones that are done in rockwool throw out new growth after transplanting into soil...- here is what i do and i see new growth on the secound week- tail end but still there. i use a razorblade and take my cut remove lower branches except like 4 leaves on top then i soak em in water w/ 1/10th of the dose for feeding of my bigbloom by foxfarm- after 30 sec i dip then in shultz powder rooting harimone and then they go straight into my organic soil. this makes the transplant shock go down cuz it is always in soil. since i start em in plastic party cups transplanting is cake + i dont have to do it until there is like four sets of new leaves! try it out cheap easy and IT WORKS! - should sell this shit ha ha

5. I'm not using a cloning device..i'm using a tray with humidity dome. I am going to stick the clones in the rockwool and place them in the cloning box. The dome and tray together were like $7, and the cubes were $3. I've used the same method you have, and i have found the way i am going to do it now easier. For some reason when i try and start clones in soil i only get a 40-50% rooting rate. When i use rockwool cubes inside the humidity dome, i get a 90-100% rooting rate. I also use earthjuice rooting gel and superthrive, before i use the rooting gel they are put into ph balanced water for a few minutes.

I don't have alot of money...all of this is only going to cost me around $600-$650. That's only a small amount of the profit i made from selling my recent harvest.

6. SOUNDS GOOD!! i keep my clones in my humidity cooler aswell.. i have found this way easier cuz i only water once when i soak it all before the clone goes in the soil. after a week of the dome i let em out slowly at first then after 3-4 days water em again and they are already producing new growth. I have heard superthrive can cause hermies? maybe that if you use to much? how much do you use? and when?
    when i used a sp vermiculyte and perulite mix i found i had to water like every 3-4 days + when i transplanted to soil it took 2 days to adjust i guess.