Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Equipment + Escalation = Addiction?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SECRETANGEL, Apr 11, 2005.

?

Does using a piece make you an addict?

1. Reality Check... If you smoke.. you an addict anyway.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Of Course Not,, just means that you have found a more economic and better way to get high, Duh!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They just upset that they cant afford one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have my idea on this... pls include in post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi,
    Yeah.. im still around, sober for the moment ;)
    Anyway... i have something for ya'll to ponder about....

Does going from one type of basic smoking implement such as.. joints.. blunts.. home made bongs.. to a glass piece or formal smoking device of any type mean that you have begun to escalate use, hence having to procure other methods to get you higher becuase the old ways dont cut it anymore,, hence getting closer to addiction?

Now mind you from one smoker to another we are not talking about neccesarily using more to get you high, or using more frequently... just using a different method.

The reason i ask is ... i mentioned to someone a while back that i finally got glass
    and they said to me...
    "wow, that must mean that you really getting hooked cuase, most people are just happy with a joint or a blunt, this means you getting to be a pothead,
    why cant you just roll one up"

I believe that comments like this may be a common belief that anyone that uses a manufactured piece is automaticly placed into the same catagory as crack fiends or someone in need of a 12 step program.

Now.. i dont have a problem with the term "stoner" but pothead sounds very negative to me.. but thats another talk show..

Thanks for your responses, interesting to see how this one turns out..

Be Well & Stay green

p.s.. hope i mad sense.. my son is teething and i havent slept much these days.

2. i need to smoke

3. That "someone" you mentioned sounds a little slow in the head. My preferences for smoking shift like the wind. Sometimes I'd like a joint or blunt, others I prefer my bubbler. I've recently come to appreciate a simple glass piece, however. Buy what you wanna use and have fun.

4. Just remember too, pieces conserve. People who only smoke blunts and joints IMO could be addicted to that form, since in the long run it costs so much more money to keep rolling. I have a few friends that are like that, and theyre always out of/looking for more. Gotta love glass!

5. I used to smoke out of my homemade bong ( I am right now becasue I broke my ccg pipe) but find a spoon or bong gives me a much better high. So to answer your question, no. Getting New equipment does make you a hard core stoner or cracker. Just have fun with it.

6. umm actually alot of the experianced smokers perfer rolling blunts, I have been smoking for over 2 year and i've always been using glass.

7. Pipes definately do not make you escalate use, nor does owning one make you labeled as a Pot Head. (BTW Gratz on your first glass) I actually think the opposite, Rolling a joint/blunt is usually a skill a pot-head would have, also theres alot of bud in 1 joint compared to how much you can put in one bowl at a time. You can use the pipe to take 1 small hit rather than stink up a room and burn a whole joint. Sparingly is the key ( Not too sparingly :smoke: ) Anyways, I hope you enjoy your piece.

8. Fuck It, Justgo Get High

9. uhhh... right...

ok, your not an addict just cause you want a piece. its healthier than papers/blunts, pays for itself quickly since you don't need as much

plus, your body cannot get addicted to bud. i just wish all those neigh sayers out there would do some damn research.

10. i fucking love my bong.

reminds me of a time when a cop found my mates guazes and said whats this for? and he said a pipe and the cop was like "do it in a big way do we?" in a really shitty tone...

nah doesnt make you an addict at all, being addicted to it does though..

11. Being an addict has nothing to do with the implement you're using. That's why I try to give a J and my bong a bit of love every evening.

12. i dont think it imples that your a "pothead" at all, when i think glass piece, i think "sophisticated smoker"

anyone who burns outta anytype of glass piece is smoking in style, nuff said

13. i bought a glass piece because i suck at rolling... $30 for a pipe and i could get high off half what i put in my joints

when you use pipes and bongs you get higher off less. if you smoke even infrequently it's a good investment i think.

14. when i read this earlier, i kind of just passed on by because i rarely, if ever, look at weed as an 'addictive' drug. then i started thinking about what you had to say, because you have something like a point: you are no longer just buying the drug, you are buying accessories for said drug. while i agree with everyone here that it isn't something to be worried about, that is ONLY because I am quite convinced that there are no physical, and few psycological, addictive properties of marijuana. something i read in another thread, mentioned 'i dont buy meth, i dont own a meth pipe..' and i would tell them that buying their own stuff would be a definate step towards addiction. i was surprised at how differently i look at those situations. i think it really just comes down to my 'faith' in the plant =)

15. ^^ Bingo.

Whoever started this thread... listen secretangel, grow the fuck up... these kind of questions are ruining this whole forum.. "does buying a glass pipe make me a drug addict" How about, shut the fuck up, and get out with your silly 12 year old questions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm not sure how this post got overlooked but shit like this doesn't float. Shit like this post is what ruins a forum. Consider yourself warned. RMJL

16. I didn't want to be as harsh as Splifster, but I agree about these kinds of posts. Google it, if you are under 18.

17. Whoa.... Is this the real Splifster?

18. good brain teaser i guess but the way i look at it it's just way easier to buy a piece then taking the time to make something every time i blaze or rolling up every time as well, even though i do that a lot....that would take up a shit load more of my time, it's all about convenience......and i don't look at my smoking pot daily as an addiction, maybe a mental addiction if anything but it's been proven that mj is not physically addicting...and the reason i have moved on to pieces for smoking, like roors and such is because i wanna get as high as i can as quick as i can usually because i'm a lazy fuck, i won't lie to you :D

19. Excuse me.. oh great and mighty splifster.....
    Go attack some of these other people that post about the same thing, every day, dont know how to use the search button and seem to have no positive or creative input to these boards, before all the drama.

Several points for you to consider..

1. if you dont like it.. dont read it..and dont post on it. Problem with a post, report it to a mod, let them deal with it, mine or otherwise. thats how a board is run, no?

2. I like to post about diffrent things and get responses from diffrent people who may see these diffrently then I.. thats what a message board is all about, isnt it?

3. Im not under 18, FAR from it!

I really think the point of this post was lost on some members, does that upset me.. nope..
    you cant please everyone, everywhere, everytime..
    I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone ever thought about it before... Its all about perception...how the majority of the world percieves people who purchase devices for the purpose of smoking and how they tend to be viewed as fiends or "potheads". It wasnt about how to do it.. just how its viewed...

To those who got it.. thanks for reading.

20. 1. I tried that, but then I had nothing to read because everythread was just like this (and half of them were started by you...) and I enjoy GC

2. You mean you like to post about stupid mundane idiotic things.. that are common sense to most people, and shouldn't need to be asked, or a question that shouldn't need to warrant an opinion (does buying glass make me an addict)<-- only you yourself can answer that question.. its not pollworthy.. its garbage worthy

3. Ok, alot of your topics would make me believe your FAR under 18... ;)

That statement right there is against everything this site and stonerhoodage stands for... If we all cared about how the majority of the world perceived us we wouldn't exist.. because the majority of the world (or at least this part of the world) frowns upon stoners, hippies, and all the like.. so what the fuck do you care about their perception.. if buying a glass pipe makes you feel like an addict, maybe you shouldnt do it, but dont start a poll