New drum set :)

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by iPreferAss, Jul 2, 2011.

1. #1 iPreferAss, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
    Hello, blades! My custom shop drum set just got wrapped up! Any drummers here on GC? If so, what kind of gear you got?
    My current setup is a 5 piece full stave bubinga Phattie custom kit w/ abalone inlay. Sizes: (14x8 snare w/ trick throwoff),(22x18 kick),(10x8.),(12x9),(16x16)
    DW 9700 boom stands(x3), DW 9000 series hihat stand, Roc n Soc nitro throne, Pearl s2000D snare stand, Trick Bigfoot double bass pedals.
    Meinl byzance 14" medium hats, Meinl mb20 heavy soundwave 14" hats, Meinl mb20 24" pure metal ride, Meinl 20" mb20 heavy crash, Soultone 20" Extreme crash.
    What do you have? :D

2. I am currently rocking a Premier custom kit (birch/mahogany shells). Eventually I want to sell it and get some sort of DW shell pack.

As for hardware, I have all DW 5000 series, except for my bass pedal which is a vintate Ludwig speed king that I desperately need to replace. My cymbals are all Zildjian A thin, except for my hi-hats, which are vintage Paiste. They are super raw, and no markings besides "Made in West Germany."

3. 6 piece Pearl session custom, 100% maple. Sold my cymbals a few months back - haven't played in a long time.

4. Saving up current for a new kit, just lost a job that I had (part-time) so it's on hold for now.

Any pics?

Also you want rid of the Speedking? How is it? It's esteemed as like the fucking Odin of all bass pedals.

Is it just getting too old/ not functioning or doesn't it feel good?

5. #5 iPreferAss, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I have pics of the drums an pics of hardware/cymbals but not all together. My drums just got finished being built but give me 3 weeks and I'll have everything together and post a bunch of pics!

6. It's just too old. I know Speedkings are workhorses, but whoever owned this one before me really abused it.

Plus, I really want to get a DW 9000 or Axis double pedal.

7. #7 iPreferAss, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Don't get the axis. I bought the axis and after playing with it a while, it's much too light and flimsy. I bought the Trick pro-1v Bigfoot pedals and won't ever use anything else.

8. Axis and other long-board pedals don't look like they'd suit me. I'm still using a cheap-arse Pearl Pedal without anything fancy or adjustable on it atm, still works fine for me and I quite like the fact that it's somewhat heavy / loose underfoot.

I haven't really tried any of the higher-end pedals like the Dw 7000s (will get the double pedal eventually) but I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to be thunder-footed on them than my current one.

9. #9 Gumbo, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
    I've played on various Axis pedals quite a bit in various music shops and friend's houses. They didn't feel flimsy at all, quite the opposite in fact.

10. So happy

Attached Files: