New cuttings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ichargerb, Nov 23, 2011.

1. so i got some cuttings from my friend and put them in the cloning machine, from there they will go into an ebb and flow flood and drain tray. They should be ready to plant in about a week. Anyways the guy at the hydroponic store told me to to put the clones when they are ready straight into hydroton balls. That doesnt sound right to me i was thinking of putting them in rockwool cubes then hydroton balls anyone have any suggestions. What should i put them in after the cloning machine?????

2. if you are using an aero cloner, wait til the roots are about 3-4 inches long and just starting to feather. Then just gently put the clone in the pot and set hydroton in around the roots. I put the stem a few inches in the pebbles as well for stability. If you are careful and gentle with the roots it works fine. Just make sure they are getting plenty wet the first few days until they are established. I prefer not to use rockwool if I can avoid it. I only use it for seedlings going into hydro.

3. So putting them in with just hydroton is fine there is no other way i dont know about or anything....

4. [quote name='"ichargerb"']

So putting them in with just hydroton is fine there is no other way i dont know about or anything....[/quote]

Yes. You do not need to use anything else besides hydroton.

SignSmoker

5. Yes, just be very careful with the roots when you do it.