New Current Culture UC-8 XL grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by medisinman, Jul 5, 2016.

1. #1 medisinman, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    just got my first set of the 3 uc8xl set up , with 1/4hp chiller, and bluelab's ph connect controller. 2 4×8 t5 fixtures over veg. 6 600w hps 3600w flower room Perpetual Harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 medisinman, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    cc1.jpg little photo action

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 medisinman, Jul 5, 2016
    cc3.jpg :rolleyes:

4. #4 medisinman, Jul 5, 2016
    cc2.jpg :jump:

5. 1467989522548.jpg

Got the ladies in now, 8 strawberry diesel ready to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nice, how big is the room your in? How many gallons in the total system? Do you run anything in your "sauce" to prevent any root infections? I'd imagine your running HPS, thus the cooler?

I run all COB LEDS, cree cxb 3590's with dwc in scrog and highest water temps are now hitting 74f, bit higher than I'd like, but I'm fine with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. #9 Xeno321, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    I like the system, it looks professional. Do you have multiple 8 site systems?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. The room is about 13×13, I'm just using 2 4ft 8 bulb t5 for the veg.
    My other room has 6 600w hps for flower. I use the current culture nutes, the full line. Uc roots is the product they make to keep the roots clean and healthy and I must say so far I'm very pleased. I run the water chiller at 68°, this is the recommended temperature by current culture. The low Temps in the water help keep away bad bacteria is what they tell me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wow. Impressive setup. I'll be checking back to see how these plants turn out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Putting week 3 in topoff rez tomorrow. Topped all of them this week as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. thank you kindly sir

12. i would have to agree the system is super sexy, got that panda theme going on ha.
    yes i have 3 sets of 8 buckets, 2 sets in flower, one set in veg.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I would be interested in your wattage to yield #'s with a nice hydro system.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm digging the name OP ;)

Medicated in the Middle of the Mitten

15. Ending week 3, week 4 in the top off rez. Then switching to flower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. #19 medisinman, Aug 10, 2016
    20160805_152058.jpg Little update on the cooling system. now cooling 2 uc8xl systems with one chiller. By using a stainless steel cooling coil in each epicenter. Decided to go with an old chest freezer for the reservoir for its insulation properties and its size holding about 90 gallons. leaves me room to expand when I upgrade my Chiller. Insulated all water lines. I decided to also make thermal jackets to go around each bucket to help with insulation. Also moved the chiller out of the room because it puts off some serious heat.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'll post more pics later app is messing up.