New Computer Help

Discussion in 'General' started by illk37, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Whats up blades
    so my Dell Laptop just crashed a few days ago but good thing I backed it up the night before

Anyway I'm looking to get a new laptop but what would you guys recommend? I'm not sure whether to get Mac or PC and what kind. My brother bought a Lenovo laptop (PC) for about the same price as a Mac and he swears it's a lot better...any opinions/suggestions?

2. yeah get a lenova their good PC's

3. I dont own any, but I would look into a Mac.

Sister says hers is the shit, dunno model or anything.

I recently had a Toshiba Satelite 125 or something and loved it! (Windows XP not bunk ass vista) lol had a built in dvd burner and everything...

but yeah, what kinda Macs have you been looking at?

4. Laptop technology has yet to show me its worthy. How long have you seen one last?

5. I had a Dell XPS which was purchased around 2 years ago but it was just sitting in my dad's office for about a year then he gave it to me

Macs seem a little over-hyped and I don't really like the clicker on the laptop but I suppose if I get a mouse it wouldnt matter. Any Mac owners out there that can explain pros/cons of Macbook vs Macbook pro?

I would look into getting a desktop but I need to carry it around for classes and going to library

Maybe looking around the 1500-2000 dollar range

6. Do you really need a laptop? I recommend just getting a desktop because they are much faster and cheaper.

But if you want a laptop a MacBook is a good idea. Other than that I don't know what way I'd point you in. Asus is a good brand as is HP.