New Compost Tea Brewer

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Stankie, Jan 28, 2011.

1. HTH! :wave:

2. I remember that post, now that you bring it back, Dude. Thanks. That was a nice set up. Having the line wide open into the tank without a diffuser should be fine shouldn't it?

Jerry, are you going to put a diffuser in the bottom of your tank or a valve in the drain line? Let me know. I think I might order one of the 15 gal tanks and make a stand like Stankie did on his.

JaK

3. Growing for me for the last ?20? years has been a work in progress. I have tried this, I have tried that, and I have tried the other. Its a hobby, no matter what. Its the love of the game.

Before I touch this new tank I am definetly going to be doing some reading on "how to".

What I would like to do is to set this up in a way so that the air pump is above the tank (for obvious reasons), and run an air line to the bottom of the tank (not sure until I get the tank just how the air line will go thru the top yet) with perhaps a 6" round air diffuser sitting on the bottom of the tank, blowing upwards. At the outside bottom I would like to put some pvc connections and a good quality (perhaps brass, after reading how Stankies didnt work after several uses?) ball valve, etc, at the right height to drain into a 5 gallon bucket.

Your (anybodys help here would be great - I have never done this and WANT/NEED input please!

I hate to run the air thru the bottom and then have no way toget the teas out!

As far as Botanical teas, phytohormones, SAR's and PGR's, I havent got a goddamn clue as to what you're talking about *lol* - but boy does it sound very cool, and I am very excited by what you're saying, and it sounds like I have a very lot to learn.

So, this thingamajijiggy is gonna help my garden, huh? more than my 5 gallon bucket and airstone? How much more?

Cant thank you "Organic Growing" guys enuff! Lots of exciting stuff going on here!

jerry.

4. Hi Chunk!

I did in fact look at the Microbe Organics site (rather quickly) early this morning. It does look really cool, and I can guarantee that I am going to be spending alot of learning time there.

As far as you saying "nice setup"...hmmmm...well, its not here yet, but should be pretty quick, and from what LD is telling me, and it seems very true! - I really dont know what I have! (or will have) *lol* I am certainly looking forward to discovering what I am going to have, though!

It really sounds like it is going to be a very useful tool, and I am sincerely looking forward to various tea discussions w/ all of you once I get the unit up and kicking ass! :)

and here I was thinking I was just building a high end AACT brewer....hmmmm.

Have a great weekend.

jerry.

:wave:

5. Shit, I am in process of ordering a stand and tank setup myself...These guys want $100.00 for shipping..

Ace 15 Gallon Full Drain Biodiesel Tank / Wine Tank
    Part: A-INFD15-19
    $69.99 1 $69.99
    Stand for Ace 15 Gallon Full Drain Biodiesel Tanks / Wine Tanks
    Part: A-INFD15-ST
    $72.99 1 $72.99
    Subtotal: $142.98
    Shipping & Handling: $99.51
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $242.49

6. First off, Mucho Kudos to Stankie for starting this thread and getting my/our brains moving on the importance of a professional grade Tea Brewer!

Mizza, I had to pay the same amount. i think that it simply is what it is. In the long run I know that we'll both be happy that we said "F" it, and spent the money for the real deal.

My air pump came in yesterday, and now I need to call the people who sent it - they sent me the AL-40 model and I paid the extra for the AL-60 model. A little frustrated - I know that this AL-40 model is a superb, high quality air setup, but I wanted and paid for the AL-60, dammit! *lol*

I'll get over it. I'm going to call them this morning as soon as they open and find out whats going on. The tank setup, with the stand is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday according to Fed Ex, and now I'm probably going to have to wait until I can send this air pump back so that they can send me the one I ordered. I'm like a kid that has to wait an extra week for Christmas! Arrgghh!

jerry.

7. Yep, I said "Fuc$ it" and pulled the trigger.

Jeezus, I have too many projects to juggle now!
    New tea brewer
    Adding on 80 Sq Ft to the grow room
    Pulling out the front yard for a big garden
    Building a 6 cubic yard forced air composting system

Fishing will have to wait a little longer...

8. Mizza - Always remember -

Its for the best cause! *lol*

Have a SUPER Labor Day weekend!

jerry

9. Hey Jerry - When you get that Alita pump in can you give me an idea how loud/quiet it is? I've got that ActiveAir pump and damn its loud! Need to get something else figured out... Thanks man!

10. Yep - I will.

I bought it from the people at "Aquacave.com", and the sent me the Alita AL-40, and I had ordered the AL-60. I called yesterday, they were very cool about it, shipped the AL-60 out right away yesterday, and simply asked that if they emailed me a shipping/ups sticker if I would ship the AL-40 back to them. I thought that this was pretty good of them, shipping the big pump out while the AL-40 was still at my house.

I'll tell ya, I took the AL-40 out of the box when I got it, and boy does it look like a VERY well made (heavy) pump.

I bet its here early next week. The tank and stand from Tankdepot.com is supposed to be here on Tuesday too, so once this is set up, i will definetly keep you and all posted as to how the whole thing is working.

Boy, I am psyched about this setup! Tomorrow I actually start the new worm bin, too! Balls to the wall!

:)

jerry.

11. Did you plug that AL40 in at all? Thats the pump im look at...

12. Sorry man, I didnt want to own it. What a nice looking pump tho!

jerry

13. All this hard work will pay you back in 10 fold. Your going to have some top notch teas. Thanks for all the updates and I can't wait to set it up and running.

14. Jerry - Do you have the new brewer setup yet? How is the noise level on the pump?

15. bit off topic--------Can any of yall reccomend a microscope? to analyze the microial life in these teas.

16. Waterboy, now that the unit is finally up and been used a couple times-

The Alita AL-60 is TOTALLY do-able. I have no problem with pump noise at all. Minor at best, Is absolutely a very well made pump. The air lift setup makes more noise than the pump, however, but I am able to muffle it some with just a towel over the tank hole...:)

So - pump very good, air lift loud(er). Not bad in the cellar w/ standard house background noise going.

I wouldnt want this brewer running in my living room...hehehe

jerry.

17. Jerry

The new Acres USA Magazine arrived today and I saw an ad for this company located in Vermont that offers organic composts. I don't know anything about them but I thought it might be helpful for you.

LD

Vermont Compost

18. Magnificent design Stankie ! Was gonna rep you but I was told to "spread some" around a bit. Peace

19. Thanks LD. I have been having very excellent luck with the "Coast of Maine" products that you turned me on to - and I can get them at several different places locally.

Between that and my own compost heaps and worm bins I'm trying to make myself as self-sufficient as I can, but I will certainly check out the Vermont Compost company.

You havent steered me wrong yet. *lol*

Thanks for all of your help man. I mean it.

jerry.