New Compost Tea Brewer - Air induction ideas wanted please

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jerry111165, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Absolutely. There is a million ways to skin this cat. Next time I grow I will definitely go all organic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm interested in trying to make tea but all the online directions say take compost add water add molasses ...air. Wait. Yea. Rewind to start. How should I make compost lol. I put a bucket in the yard and followed the do and do not lists. I put in a little bit paper plates egg shells coffee grounds veg scraps and put out side and soon had a stinky bucket. I dumped into a Rubbermaid tote and moved to side of the house. Apparently I started a fly farm. A loud biblical plague swarm of mutant flies. I threw a couple of big scraps of shingles over it and left it. Forgot about it. Two weeks later I peek under shingle and swarm still there. I know there's worm compost or whatever. Is there a maggot compost lol. Or rather how to avoid this. I have a plastic barrel composter but I lost the nuts and bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Or just pick up a gallon every once in a while from hydro sto

4. that swarm of maggots is probably black sodier fly larvae, they are decomposers but also eat meat and dairy, did you have any in your compost pile?

5. Nope no meat. No dairy. Well one worm I found in the yard Veg.scraps Egg shells coffee grounds and paper plates. That's it.

6. Saw on another forum this cat was theorizing on banana peels soaked in water as a potassium additive. He presented a better argument but sounds plausible. Like soaking egg shells in water for a while.

7. The flies have moved on. Lol [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. The old days of cutting edge organic gardening, ey Boss?

Lol!

• Funny Funny x 1

9. Damn @jerry111165 !

Talk about dusting off an old thread!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Someone "liked" it - so of course it ended up in my inbox -

Miss Stanky. He was a good dude.

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. I do too. I talked to him by email a couple of years ago. He was living and working somewhere in NC.

Those were the good old days, eh?

• Like Like x 1