New Commercial Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Do you think they would be good for a SOG ?

2. Agreed definitely a more complex buzz when you have both..

• Like Like x 2
  3. I can add some information on this; there is a protein known as GSK3b that is involved in psychiatric and health conditions (ie. mental disorders). Interestingly, THC acts as an agonist for GSK3b increasing its activity in the brain leading to upregulation of specific genes, whereas CBD acts as an antagonist to GSK3b and retards the activity of the enzyme [REF] <-haha.
    I also suspect cannabinol has a depressant effect. It is a resulting product from the breakdown of THC (and CBD?). I suspect it contributes the couchlock effect from (over) aged cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  4. There is studies I could bring up with rats that showed CBD increases brain absorption of THC dramatically. It does at the same time but even more so if the CBD is taken before the THC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. You know, off topic, but there is a causal link between BPD and GSK3b, and implication of BPD and cannabis...
    After reading some of this information, I feel that it is important to consider CBD and not just THC for proper mental balance, especially in those individuals that are susceptible to cannabis psychosis. I am aware of GC members giving up cannabis due to uncomfortable experiences (usually caused by edibles btw), but maybe these people should try CBD strains to see how it affects them, as it may help them. As someone who is aware of the effects of cannabis (kinda), I think its important to be able to help people with all its medicinal properties.

• Like Like x 2
  6. There is a compound known as Hebrew University 210 (HU-210) that I suspect is an acetylated analog of THC. Similarly, aspirin is an acetylated analog of salicylic acid, ie. ASA. Traditionally, it was the bark of the willow tree that helped people with their ailments, but once that compound was acetylated, boom. HU-210, the cannabis research agent was used in a study that definitely showed the production of neurons in the hippocampus of treated mice(rats?). The author (Zhang 2007) was quite surprised, as he anticipated that the THC analog would be detrimental to neurons, as other recreational drugs tend to be.
    I was not aware that CBD increased the blood brain barrier (BBB) transfer of THC.
    I have seen a chart (kinda famous one) that the addiction potential of a drug is reflected by its ability to cross the BBB...

7. Here's a test kit » Flower
    $200 does 9 test

• Like Like x 3
  8. Around 125$ if you just need Cannabinoids tested. I've typically used Evio labs.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Critical Mass is popular around here. Typically around 7-8 % THC 13% CBD

• Like Like x 3
  10. What breeder how can i get this strain with so much cbd %age in it

Flower tent Vegging outside the flower tent

• Like Like x 1
  11. I really don't know if they would do good in a SOG. I just grew them in 7 gal fabric pots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I was checking those out last night! But is that expansion kit more than just a scale, some tubes, and alcohol n other stuffs? I thought the actual tester was the other unit, Right? The expansion kit is just an “extra”, well get you want to have a scale that could accurately read mg but if you had that, would you really need the expansion kit?

13. I'm not $200 worth of curious

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. How THC Gets Into Your Brain - And How To Increase It - Prof of Pot
    One study has shown that CBD does a better job of increasing brain THC levels when it is taken earlier. When given concurrently, CBD increased brain THC levels by 52%, but the same amount of CBD given 60 minutes prior increase brain THC by a whopping 160%.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006295201006165
    Marijuana contains a complex mixture of compounds including tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major psychoactive constituent, and cannabidiol (CBD), a nonpsychoactive constituent. We have shown previously that CBD pretreatment of mice increases brain levels of THC and have now further characterized this effect and determined whether the brain pharmacokinetics of other drugs are also affected. CBD pretreatment of mice (30–60 min) increased brain levels of THC nearly 3-fold, whereas CBD co-administration did not. Because marijuana is often consumed with other drugs, the influence of cannabinoids on the brain levels of several other drugs of abuse was also determined. CBD pretreatment of mice increased brain levels (2- to 4-fold) of subsequently administered cocaine as well as phencyclidine (PCP). Although CBD pretreatment increased blood and brain levels of cocaine comparably, blood levels of PCP were only modestly elevated (up to 50%). Behavioral tests indicated that the CBD-mediated increases in the brain levels of THC, cocaine, and PCP correlated with increased pharmacological responses. Pretreatment with THC instead of CBD could similarly increase brain levels of cocaine, PCP, and CBD, although with a lower potency than CBD.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IKR

• Like Like x 1
  16. The numbers given on leafly or the seed banks are generally in the ball park. You might get that one unicorn pheno that kicks ass but usually they close enough. I was getting tests done for compliance so it was a requirement.

• Like Like x 2
  17. nice, thank you for sharing this info!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well boys and girls, so far so good....

This is my South flowering room

[​IMG]

This is my north flowering room

[​IMG]

Some incredible bulk clones on day 8

[​IMG]

And a bunch of clones we recently put into solo cups because we are totally out of veg space.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. And when you do find a unicorn phenotype, don’t ever let it go! My incredible bulk phenotype is definitely a unicorn. It looks absolutely nothing like any of the other incredible hulk phenotypes I have seen (and believe me I’ve looked at a lot of them), and she’s a great producer… Every commercial grower’s dream.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1