New Commercial Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Fellow Blades,

This will be my commercial journal. I would like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has provided input through this process. It has definitely been a ride, but it’s only the beginning. Things are moving quickly, and there is a ton of stuff to do.

The first thing I’d like all of your feedback to is regarding strain selection. I’m on a hunt for commercially viable strains and I’m interested in the ones you guys have grown, specifically. Think back to some of your grows when you thought, “wow this is a great producer. I bet commercial growers would love this strain.”

You get what I’m saying. I need med-high potency, and high yielding strains such as Critical 2.0, OG Kush, Blue Dream, Big Bud, GG#4, etc. I need to grow some staple strains that you’d expect to see in just about any dispensary, but I’m also looking for those unircorn strains that might be new but you feel like they would be great....such as Canuk Cookies.

Okay that’s it for now. Thanks for the suggestions!

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 9
  2. go figure it out for your self . your a commercial grower you are expose to know this answer.
    go burn a few grand trying different kinds like the rest of us have and tell us the best
    were not here to help a commercial grower . go hire a tender you need the help

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. If you don’t throw some awrhos
    I don’t think he’s “exposed” to know it all. He asked for some strain advice. Stop being jealous he’s got an opportunity to get paid for doing what we love and maybe throw up a piece of advice, or move on. No need for negativity

• Like Like x 21
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. You know I’m going to throw Ethos Rainmaker and Grandpas Stash in the ring. But that’s because I love my Skunks!!

• Like Like x 7
  5. I'd throw in dinafem strawberry amnesia. Excellent smoke, good production. I gave a cut of that and a cut of blue widow to a buddy as houseplants. Side by side the blue widow was absolutely covered in spidermites and the strawberry was basically untouched.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. Strawberry Amnesia in my tiny closet. I only let it get about 2 ft tall and tied it over. It supported itself.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. I just wanted to jump in for updates and offer my congrats to a new dream career change. I'm sure if you're diligent and put your best effort forth your plants will reward you.

I'm hoping to quite doing tile someday when my knees get too tired and tend plants as well. I already have my bud handler card in the state of Alaska. You have to have one to have any kind of job in the MJ industry here.

Looking forward to updates.

I'm pretty sure you're the first commercial op of any size that will be using exclusively all QB led lighting. Make sure you keep good track of your electricity cost per gram of yield, AC cost, ect. I'm sure it will interest HPS users.

• Like Like x 7
  8. bryan oconner still has a valid point. Industry has shit on the pioneers and will continue to do so. The hiring of grow masters so to turn them into slaves for the machine. Growers of 30 years are ousted for the merit of million$ by the corporate shill dogs who think they are something more because they have robbed from the people. Before it was just biker turf wars and stuff... nowadays, there's a Walmart in every sector.
    Well I would just rather a local clothier and hardware store. bwhahahahaha!

• Like Like x 4
  9. I just wanted to jump in for updates and offer my congrats to a new dream career change. I'm sure if you're diligent and put your best effort forth your plants will reward you.

I'm hoping to quite doing tile someday when my knees get too tired and tend plants as well. I already have my bud handler card in the state of Alaska. You have to have one to have any kind of job in the MJ industry here.

Looking forward to updates.

I'm pretty sure you're the first commercial op of any size that will be using exclusively all QB led lighting. Make sure you keep good track of your electricity cost per gram of yield, AC cost, ect. I'm sure it will interest HPS users.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I double posted somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes I think you are right. That’s one of the ways I was able to talk the owner into letting me grow with QBs. The only other grower I know of is Grand Master Level — he has a YouTube channel. If you guys have ever watched LED vs the World, that’s him. He is using all HLG-550V2s. But he also works for HLG Canada.

So I’m pretty sure we will be the first commercial grow in United States using quantum boards exclusively.

• Like Like x 5
  12. That’s gorgeous! Who is the breeder?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dinafem. I love what I've run from them and have more to try. The quick critical + is next on my list. Sounds like a fast heavy producer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. @918AutoGrower
    brian's right you know. You can't expect to get bona fide cannabis review material for a commercial grow through these channels. You need data from the breeders, which means you should be contacting them directly. Dinafem, SinCity, Barney's, etc, many out there.
    You need lab analysis, timing, tweaks, etc... breeder can discuss those with you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. But this can be an avenue to narrow those 1000’s of strains and breeders down to make a short list. I just didn’t like the instant attack non another’s dreams. That was a shit move. I know @918AutoGrower is flying high right now because I damn sure would be if my state would give me the opportunity. There is always the “too good to be true” mentality and I’m sure a little of that will settle in too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Trojan that is a fantastic idea.

I’m going to Denver next weekend to meet HLG at a growing expo Jan 26-27th. I’m hoping there will be a bunch of breeders there that I can speak with.

• Like Like x 6
  17. The best genetics is key. I think you want some high yield strains to get off the ground. Grow a balanced profile for the market. You want Sativas as hard as they are to deal with. Everybody like sativas. They require long flower cycles and are stretchy/hard to train or can be. You want CBD high plants with little THC for rookies and old people. You want a balanced cbd/thc plant as well. Oh course you want a few good indicas. High numbers is important when you go to package and test. You need good strains for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. At least one dark purple plant for flair.

• Like Like x 3
  19. #19 918AutoGrower, Jan 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    Even feedback like this helps. Guys, I'm not trying to get all of my answers here on the forum. I will perform my due diligence and burn the midnight oil researching, but I also value experience....and not necessarily my own experiences. People who learn from the mistakes and successes of others grow faster....in any area of life. I believe that. If I can avoid spending thousands of dollars on some trial and error, I will. The goal is to become profitable — not to see what works and what doesn't.

• Like Like x 6
  20. You don't want to not include any cbd strains because it's definitely a segment of the market. I really like the strains that are about half thc/cbd. 15/15%. CBD helps THC absorb into the brain. That half and half weed is crazy stony. As painful as they are to grow everyone needs sativas and if you leave those out because they are a bother you'll also limit your market.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1