New Commercial Grow / Nursery

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Aug 6, 2019.

1. How’s that?

Sent from the grow room using my fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Those are gonna hit the ceiling when you flower them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I won’t flower them for another 60 days at least. They will be mother plants.

4. Im keen as to watch this. Axe throwing range how awesome. Good luck with the venture mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ironic how you got the axe and now your growing in an axe chuckers paradise.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hey man since you were a part of the whole process and things and If you dont mind I have a couple questions for you. What does it technically mean to have a commercial grow license, the number of plants? Do you have to have a different license to sell it? About how much just for the license part of it because if we go into facility and equipment numbers just get astronomical. Lol congratulations such a cool opportunity to see some large scale behind the scenes and not just the pretty movie like things you want people to see. Haha. I hope you got to play around trying to get an axe stuck in the wood.

7. i thought you were in detroit .michigan.

8. I second the good luck, but have to question the other statement: it is to grow wisdom what CNN is to journalism.

Why? Elaborate.

Do you have anything to add; security concerns, risks, potential failings in the model etc, or are you just a little bitter and jealous someone has a place, a licence, an idea, financial backing and are working to make it happen?

My concern is simple: the OP has made it be known as a grow site. Sadly there's a lot of assholes on this planet, it only takes one complete scum bag to drive by, recognise it, then plan to rob the place.

I reckon you need 24 hour armed staffing, and keep an axe or two behind...

Axe throwing, it's great, did it in Norway many years ago, camp fire, moonshine and bottles of spirits being passed around, axes flying through the air, whales in the fjord, Swedish mountains on the horizon. The only thing that sucked about it was the lack of weed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Nah not bitter or jealous at all. I have nothing personal against 918. I have my own small legal grow and part owner in a small processing company.
    I say it won't end well based on the fact that it sounds like he is more in debt to this friend than the part-owner. He stated the friend paid up his mortgage I'm guessing that is his home mortgage. One of the biggest rules of business is never to accept money from friends and family. It creates different levels of stress because it will go beyond business judgment.
    2nd he doesn't own this piece of land it is just a lease, a lease that the landlord could terminate immediately based on the fact that growing cannabis is still federally illegal.
    3rd - the business model doesn't sound sustainable if it all happened in 12 days there is no way all the details were accounted for. 75% of the grows in Oregon fail because they are not vertically integrated, it is very hard to succeed in this business owning just one piece because the competition is so fierce.
    4th. He has immediate competition with his previous employer who is probably holding a grudge and will be doing everything he can to make sure this operation doesn't succeed.
    I google mapped the address it is right next door to what appears to be moderately upscale homes. The odor is HUGE complaint here in Oregon. If/when the residents start complaining about the smell, the landowner is likely to just shut it down Vs. the legal hassle.
    He posted the exact address where he will be growing a highly profitable product that still has a huge black market value. Those would be my biggest concerns.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dude its non of your business, stop poking your nose around. If 918 wants to post about his journey then allow him and wish the dude luck. Why be so negative when it has no direct affect on your life? Keep your reservations about his project to yourself, its his journey, his way. He doesnt need you stating your opinions.. hes a grown ass man, leave him be.

• Like Like x 2
  11. He asked. A lot of what I posted are exact things I've seen that shut down grows or caused them to fail. There are reasons grow sites aren't public information the main one being the safety of the grower. It may have come off negative but they are all still things he either needs to be aware of or keep in check.

• Like Like x 3
  12. A lot of the things you said are correct, and you bring up some very good points. I’d be a fool to ignore them. I should have provided more details, but I have shared this story so many times I’m a little tired of telling it lol

I disagree with the friends and family rule. That’s what friends and family are for! I do not lend money to friends. You either help a friend or you don’t. I have given friends thousands of dollars knowing full well I would likely never be paid back. I was raised that way. What good is a friend if they aren’t willing to help in times of need? My friend who helped me was raised the same way. We have known each other a very long time, and this isn’t the first business we have been involved in together. So, we already know that we will work well together. Besides, he isn’t going to be at the shop with me much at all. He has a financial consulting type company here in town that requires his attention full-time. He has dozens of employees. To him, this is just another place that is influenced by his wealth. He has money in everything and he is very successful. He trusts me and my ability to pull this off because he has already seen my business plan. He poured over it with his attorney’s and advisers, and they all signed off on it. Which brings me to my previous employer....

He would be in direct competition with me if I were going to be doing what he does, but I’m not. I am a nursery and he is a commercial grow. He will be one of my customers — not one of my competitors. Although our licenses are the same, we won’t be using them the same way. We will produce a small amount of flower, because mother plants must be cycled and flowered out. So, in a small flowering tent that’s inside my building, odor will not be an issue.

My building is zoned as heavy industrial, and you’re right — there is a neighborhood behind the industrial area that I am in. But I’m not going to have a building full of flowering plants either. Our state’s laws require us to control the odor so it really doesn’t matter....I still have to keep the odor control up to par regardless.

Idk why my previous employer would have a grudge against me when he was the one who fucked me over. All I did was work my butt off and help him setup what is suppose to be his retirement. He doesn’t need my help to fail. He will do that all on his own. The last time I went over there to pickup the rest of my equipment, he told me that nearly half of the plants they just harvested had seeds in them. He was blaming the genetics (which is BS), but they hermied because he let them go way too long. Instead of chopping them when I told him they needed to come down, he continued to feed them for an additional 4 WEEKS past their harvest window. Why? He told me because his dry room was full and he didn’t have anywhere to hang them. So, he just continued to feed them. They were all foxtailed and had tons of new white pistils all over. I tried to tell him that he let them go too long and the plants likely produced seeds in an effort to survive. Just like when I was working for him, he refused to listen to me.

My point I this — he has no idea what he is doing. He is just now going through his trial and error period, and he’s learning some hard lessons. Try to remember back when you first started growing....all of the amateur mistakes that you made simply because you didn’t know any better. Well, that’s where he is right now, but with 800 - 1,000 plants. He is a car mechanic and nothing more and He will lose his ass in that business because he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he hates people, and he only cares about the money. He doesn’t love this plant like we do....you must have a passion for cannabis and for this industry to really succeed head and shoulders above those who just care about the money.

Regarding our landlord, the reason why it is difficult to find commercial property in Oklahoma for this i dusty is because the list of approved commercial properties owned by landlords who are willing to allow their facility to be used for cultivation — its a very short list. Our landlord knows exactly what I’m going to be doing in the building. He cannot use the “federally illegal” card to kick me out because he is contractually obligated It is stated very clearly in the contract what we are going to be doing. I doubt there is any danger there. This is why my partner insisted (by advice from his attorney) that specific terminology be used in our lease agreement.....to prevent that very thing from happening.

Two dispensaries that I have been selling clones to since the beginning of the year ran into this exact problem. A month after they were up and running, the landlord jacked up the price a LOT and they were forced to move out and find another location. In both situations, the building owner knew full well what the building would be used for. They were crooks. Who would want a crooked landlord anyway? I watched those dispensaries go through that and I didn’t want it to happen to me. So, we protected ourselves against it.

And I didn’t post the address at all. The name of the previous business was visible and I guess you could have figured that out, but what’s the point?! Every commercial license holder in Oklahoma is listed with the OMMA, and all of the addresses and phone numbers are public information. So what would be the point of hiding when just about anyone can get hold of that master list?

Like I said, your points are all valid, and I agree with you. As I read my original post again, it does appear that I jumped into something unprepared. Let me assure you that’s not the case.

Is there risk involved? Absolutely — there is risk involved regardless of what state you are growing in — even in states where it has been completely legalized. There is still a black market, and there are still scumbags who will try to take something that isn’t theirs. I don’t believe that is unique to my situation...that’s just reality.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Looks like you have some of your ducks in a row. I'll keep my mouth shut and I hope you are still in business within a year. FYI I got the address from the picture you posted of your license with the address right on it.

14. So, in other states, they keep the commercial license holder’s addresses and other contact information private?

15. Fuck yeah they do. Oregon protects its assets. I can't believe that Oklahoma would allow anyone to get the address of a grow operation. It looks like you have to request the address and have a valid reason to do so. But still crazy.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Man I'm glad I learned this. the OMMA makes the addresses of all commercial license holders available to all other license holders.

17. I would honestly start writing the OMMA and request this information be secured or at least further validation put into place on why someone needs the address. They are putting your company you and any employees you may have at risk for theft or bodily harm. We were required to install metal bars on all doors and windows at the processing location. one of the windows is only 4in x 4in and they required bars on it.

18. Bloody hell, what about the letter box?

You don't want any tiny people getting in through there either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. lol the door on the otherside of the metal grated door is a double reinforced security door on a metal frame. The safes are required to be inside metal security cages and rebarred to the foundation.