New closet grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sindarus89, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Hi I am new to the growing idea and I just have a few questions. I am growing 2 plants at a time for personal use pretty much.

1. Lighting. I know for bigger crops most suggest using a 400 watt HPS light. But I am only growing 2 plants. Anyone have any idea what wattage I should use?

2. Odor. I have already looked at how to control it. But i am just curious about how bad 2 plants are going to stink during the flowering stage.

Any will be appreciated greatly!:smoke:

2. 1. I am growing 2 plants under a 250 watt and it is perfect. I'm sure some people use 400 watts if you have the space and can control the heat.

2. Depends on the strain, I am growing Northern Lights and its about 12 days into flowering and the closet has a slight marijuana stink to it, but you can really smell it if you put your face into the plants. But other plants are wayyy stinkier and need more odor control.

Hope I helped!

3. if youre only growing 2 plants cfls is the way to go, especially in a closet. go for about 200 watts worth of 65k cfl power. it all depends on how old your plants are but for young plants you wont need as much but as they mature its recommended to have 100 watts per plant. good luck.

4. I'm a noob to growing myself. I'm thinking of getting a small stealth box because I've found some ok deals...I think...around 200 bucks for a small one...17 1/2" x 25 1/2" x 35 1/2" and is ready to go with t5 fluros and a 6plant, 5 gallon drip system. It's a nice small size but will i be able to even get any kind of yield that will be worth it? I was thinking I would get one of those new LED lights for flowering it. Any advice would be much appreciated as I am brand new to the site and growing. Thanks.