New closet grow *Pics* *Updated Daily*

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by zq8s10, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Well, I started germinating my seeds and less than 48 hours later they popped. Soon as they popped I put them in some scotts premium top soil. I looked this morning and 2 had sprouted, came home from work and the other two were sprouted :hello:. Anyways, I have them under (4) 48" flouros .. Below is a picture of some different ideas I had about the lighting situation. I plan on using a mixture of blood meal, bone meal, perlite, and the top soil (What I plan on transplanting to). Is this okay? I heard that the bone meal will raise my ph, but I also heard that it will cause quicker and stronger root development. I have a total of (8) 48" flouros to use. On the perlite I plan on mixing into the soil, it does have added ferts, but I was told that this would be okay seeing as how low the npk is on the perlite, its like 0.04% 0.03% and 0.06". Also, I didn't really realize that I was buying top soil, when I transplant should I get potting soil or should the top soil be fine?:confused: .. Anyways, take a look

Heres a good pic of what I came home to today from work:

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of showing what kind of space I'm dealing with, thats 2' in width but like 10' long.

[​IMG]

Heres the different designs I thought of with the lighting setup, on the second one, how well would it work without the cfls? I'm trying avoid using so much power(I live in a townhouse). Depending on whats male and female I may go hps for flowering.

[​IMG]

Also I picked these 2 pieces of 4x8 sheets of this foam board, looked like something I might could make a good box out of, but also seems like it could cause heat issues, maybe intake and exhaust?

[​IMG]

2. Alright, well today was some pretty good progress. I woke up this morning and they have grown atleast an 1". I'm still keeping the lights low trying to prevent stretching, However I was reading in another post that I shouldnt be to scared of stretching, that a little stretching is good. I still need to know about how I should go about the soil for this? Something that will be easy for a beginner, some same use a soil less mixture would be good, but I know nothing about all that, right now they are in just regular plane top soil. Thanks for all help

Heres a good pic with the color and all, pics are taken with a cell phone so color could be different, but this one shows it pretty much what it is.

[​IMG]

Heres a pic of the 4 of them pulled out strictly for a quick pic :)

[​IMG]

Heres another showing the fan I have blowing on them, it rotates so they all get air circulation

[​IMG]

delta farce

3. Well, I still need to know of a good mixture for soil. Anyways, Heres yesterdays pics and todays pics, Definitely changing, and the seeds were actually out of some good mid but it was definitely indica, and the leaves comin out is definitely showing to be indica. I always only show 4 cause thats how many I really plan on growing, but in a bigger pot on the side is always another one, its just the same as these though, I just got it up for a friend and they never took it so, more for me I guess.

Day 3:

Just took a quick pic, no changes really, just some obvious growth.

[​IMG]

Day 4:

Today there was a noticeable change as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today I'm going to work on sealing off the doors to stop light leaks and what not. Again though, the soil is really got me curious. thanks

4. Well, I haven't really got around to taken any pictures today but there has been some noticeable growth, I can see some is growing better than others, or prettier atleast, but they are all about the same and doing well, one of them keeps wanting to grow over for some reason, its not stretched but its more like the stem has a bend in it right below the ground, almost like I didn't put the seed deep enough, but I just built a small soft mound of dirt around the bottom and misted it and put the fan on high blowing the 5 of them, tomorrow if there is even more noticeable growth I'll put up some pics, I still haven't added any nutes, (its not time) the first set of leaves is on the way and if you look closely you can see the second I believe. Peace