New car stereo system help

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by homer675, Dec 2, 2008.

1. #1 homer675, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
    Hello, im thinking of upgrading my car stereo with adding some subs and i would need an amp also. The thing is i know absolutely nothing about car stereo but if someone could point me in the right direction or give me some pointers on what to get, that would be very grateful. Thanks :wave:

Sorry i forgot to put i will have around a 500$ budget

2. Have you upgraded your CD player? If not, you probably need to so you can get audio-out cables hooked up. After you get subs, amp, and box, getting an Amp wiring kit and some speaker cable from walmart.

The wiring kit/cable should be right at $50 or $60.

3. Those subs are decent... I would get a 1400 or 1300 watt Sony XPlode amp... the cd player doesn't really matter, one of the $90 and up ones at WalMart will work

4. really, i've gotten a lot of bad feedback about sony Xplod?

5. Although I've never had a type R, i've heard they are pretty good for the price. What gauge wiring kit are you gonna install?

6. I have two Xplod 15s and two 10s with 2 1300 watt Xplod amps and it is straight BANGING. You can hear my shit a LONG ways away. Very clear, beats hard, doesn't muffle. I love them