New camera

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by spitfire, May 3, 2009.

1. Been shooting digital for a while and fancied a bit of film. Got my first films back from the lab today, pritty stoked on them. There are more here spitfire900 on deviantART , aswell as some of my digi shots, but heres a few i like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you like them, check out my link if you've got the time.. happy tokin' :hello:

2. I really like the last photo. What camera are you using? What kind of film? Lenses? what digital camera do you own? Make sure your photos have a clear subject that the viewer's eye will come to rest on. Play with composition, shoot things straight on, stack layers in your photos, play around with your foregrounds, add frames and look for special lighting, tell a story with your pictures, make sure you place your subject within a deliberate context, shoot the same subject multiple times, get closer, get wider, play with shutter speeds and apertures, change up subject matter once and a while, etc.. Just some random tips, not that you neccessarily need them. Keep taking photos! :)

3. Those are taken with a Holga that i got recently, really like how simple it is. No control over shutter speed or aperture or anything, and it has a plastic lens. It technically is a terrible camera, but i love the style of photos it produces. Those photos were taken on Fuji Neopan B+W film. My digital camera is a Canon 400D, i have a few different lenses for it, my favourite being my Sigma 10-20mm. Here's a couple from my digi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I normally don't like HDR work, but these are very well done-no excessive tone mapping or anything like that. Simple plastic automatic cameras are really fun, I have an old fixed-lens,fixed-aperture,dual-shutter speed konica rangefinder that still works pretty well. I also happen to have the same camera you have, the rebel xt, with an 18-55 3.5-5.6 IS EFS, the classic 50mm 1.8, and the original lensbaby. Wish I had some links to give you, but I don't really ever upload anything to the internet (I have satellite internet).

5. Last 2 pictures looks amazing!

Might add those to my HDR for my 3d. ;)

6. gorgeous pics!

7. That's pretty tight. Once you start playing with medium format you'll be hooked. I have a Mamiya medium format SLR that is just awesome to use for film.

8. Does it use 120 or what? I've never shot with medium format but want to sooooo bad. How much are Mamiya(s) running? Body and prime?