Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New California INITIATIVE (Legalization)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bigfatpothead, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Good luck, and my regards to the Emperor :hello::hello::hello:

2. god.... if california really did legalized weed. just wow. i would move there in a heart beat

3. bigfatpothead: Thanks for posting that. This initiative was written very well and seems to cover and clarify any and all issues in SB420 that have been left to individual interpretation - This is what we need! It would be nice to see it go through...

One question though... Do you have to be a registered voter in order to be a signer on this initiative (or any initiative for that matter)?

4. OP, i have a question for you that i hope you answer honestly. What kind of influence do you think you guys can have on this. What %chance do you have of bringing this to fruition.. Im in no way bashing or anything like that, i just want to hear what u really think. Also, what other groups/organzations are making pushes to the whitehouse for legalization/decriminlization? Anyone that wants to comment can of course, i also hope OP comments as well. thanks peace.

5. This would be GREAT!!! Nothing on insomnia though:(.

6. I really think that all serious initiatives in the legalization movement need to be tied to the use of vaporizers for the medicine...every report against medical mj always leans on the fact that smoking it negates any benefit the herb may have. Many gov't officials will concede that mj works, but then they quickly hide behind the smoking argument. We need more attention shown that vapes will provide the medicine safely!

7. How/where do I sign the petition? Also, I'm really curious as to why you want the age to be 21?

8. wow that would be really great if it passed. to bad the feds would come in and put a stop to things. it might cause a shit storm for a bit, but its not going to overturn the federal governments laws. the judges on the supreme court will have the final say all they aren't going to help us out.

9. This isnt the first kind of initiative to legalize marijuana a few places have had the same kind of laws trying to pass but have been rejected but its been really close.

California is the most liberal of all of the states, I think; so it could possibly be pretty close, I'm hoping for the best and you can count on my vote.

Quoted from wikipedia

"In recent history, there have been multiple places that have unsuccessfully attempted to decriminalize marijuana:
    On November 7, 2000, voters in Alaska rejected Measure 5 by 60-40 percent. Measure 5 would have removed civil and criminal penalties for use of marijuana or other hemp products by adults age 18 and older and would have regulated the sale of marijuana similar to the sale of alcoholic beverages.<sup id="_ref-0" class="reference">[5]</sup>
    On November 5, 2002, voters in Nevada rejected Question 9 by 61-39 percent.<sup id="_ref-1" class="reference">[6]</sup> Question 9 would have legalized possession of marijuana under 85.5 grams (3 ounces) by adults age 21 and older and would allow marijuana to be regulated, cultivated, sold and taxed.<sup id="_ref-2" class="reference">[7]</sup> Question 9 would have also made low cost marijuana available for medical marijuana patients and would have created laws against "driving dangerously" under the influence of marijuana.<sup id="_ref-3" class="reference">[8]</sup>
    On November 2, 2004, voters in Alaska rejected Measure 2 by 44-56 percent. Measure 2 would prompt the state legislature to tax and regulate marijuana, and would have removed criminal penalties for marijuana use by adults aged 21 and older.<sup id="_ref-mppnov04_0" class="reference">[9]</sup>
    On November 7, 2006, voters in Colorado and Nevada rejected propositions that would have legalized possession of up to 28.45 grams (one ounce) of marijuana.<sup id="_ref-legalize_JURIST_0" class="reference">[10]</sup> In Colorado, Amendment 44 would have legalized possession of 28.45 grams or less by adults age 21 and older, but the amendment was rejected by 60-40 percent.<sup id="_ref-4" class="reference">[11]</sup> In Nevada, Question 7 would have allowed adults 21 and older to purchase marijuana from government-regulated shops and possession of 28.45 grams or less in a private home would have been legalized, but the Question was rejected by 56-44 percent"

10. If it was legalized completely in Cali then the feds wouldn't have the resources to stop it. They're having enough trouble as it is trying to shut down medical marijuana dispenseries so if it was legalized completely they'd have to just give up.

11. I vote in California. I would sign this defiantly. The only thing I don't get about the bill is the requirement for 21 years of age.

I hear even the legal drinking age is being discussed this year among candidates. 21 years doesn't make any sense really. 18 years old and they can vote and pay taxes, they should be able to smoke some green bud. Also if you had it at 18 maybe you could attract more voters?

Just my two cents but great idea. I'm really interested to see how this turns out.

12. Thats easy, the medical users can HIDE behind the eating argument.;)But eating will require more buds.