New Bright Eyes :)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RuseOfMetacarpi, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Just bought this album the other day and I'm in love...

any thoughts?

My favorite song right now is Four Winds.

It took a little while longer to grow on me than his other stuff, but it's so damn good. all of it.

Discuss.

Edit: No screams, unfortunately. But damn good.

2. You know i dig it.

3. No love for Bright Eyes?

4. whats the new cd called i heard it was comming out but ddint know it was out i dig the older cds

5. Supposedly its supposed to be real good. I enjoy some bright eyes. Not all bright eyes, but some.

Another band i like is Thursday. there pretty decent. I am the killer is a sweet ass song.

6. I've tried to like Bright Eyes. I downloaded every CD he has, and to be honest, all his music sounds the same, like a 15 year old whiney white kid. I know his lyrics are pretty good and I have to admit, "From a Balance Beam" is a good song when I'm in an indie kind of mood... no offense but I fail to see why everyone is so hung up on Conor Oberst.

7. I think personally I'm so hung up on him because it's easy to see that music is everything to him, and whether or not it's raw as shit and it sounds like he's coming down from heroin/being stabbed with a machete sometimes doesn't mean it's a bad song. Also, from Letting Off the Happiness on his production quality gets a lot better, and on this latest shit it's at its best.

But it's like I said, that raw feel is something that he likes his music to have sometimes, and it really makes some of the songs what they are. Take for example "When the Curious Girl Realizes She's Under Glass" from Fevers and Mirrors. It sounds like it was obviously recording from one microphone and left mostly unedited except for the addition of the craziness in the background. But that makes that song for me. It wouldn't be half as good as if it were twice as "good".

But yeah, check out his newer shit and you'll learn to appreciate his older stuff.

this album, by the way, Amazing.

Hits for Ruse:

Hot Knives (kicks ass)
    Make a Plan to Love Me (boner inducing female harmonies)
    Middlemen (sick ass song reminiscient of old times with sick vocal effects)
    Four Winds (gnarly)
    Coat Check Dream Song (trippy + ecstacy reference, +rep Conor Oberst)

Every song is good. Download it. Buy it. Steal it.