New breed seed question and hermies

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by GreatGrammy, Apr 13, 2018.

1. The new plant in flower has hermied but its from a hermied plant. I just saw it hermied and tossed it. Are all the seeds saved from the hermied plant hermies? and will any clone fromthat plant also be a hermie?

lol and whos on first

2. Wish I had better news for you- If the seeds are from a hermied plant, odds are that many, if not most of the resulting plants will be hermies, but real male plant's pollen may have gotten in there too, so the seeds may not produce all hermies. Also any clones from a hermied plant will also be hermies. :cry:

If you do grow out a hermie to maturity, you can salvage the pot by first allowing it to get bone dry after curing. Then you get out that big wire mesh strainer from the kitchen and rub the buds through the strainer. Nicely flaked cannabis falls to a waiting bowl or plate, seeds and stems stay in the strainer! This method is a LOT quicker and easier than carding out the seeds.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you my friend @Storm Crow ! At that I think I will just Toss The TOFF plants. I have another in flower in a medium tent and one in a small tent I saw hermied and through out already today. It was only a couple of weeks in flower so I have not lost much time. I have others to replace it. Back to day 1 in flower. Thank you!!!
    :hola::passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1