New box.. help on veg chamber

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sizzlasia, May 23, 2007.

1. This is my new box.. measures 4 x 4 by 20 inches deep.. has a 6 bar light that I plan to fill with 42 watt 2700 2700k flouro's for flowering, and mounting two more 50 watt HPS bulbs to the roof about 2 feet apart. Should be a total over 30000 lumens.

But heres my dilema.. I plan to use a small section of the chamber for flowering, as you can see on the wood piece I have in there to represent the flowering chamber. Plan on mounting 6 6500k flouros to a top piece for vegging clones. Its about 20 inches high, which leaves about 18 inches of grow space.. do you guys think this is tall enough? and enough room? its about 10 inces wide also.

I have a pretty strong desk fan that shits on any comp fan mounted on the upper side wall.. I hope its enough for ventalation and plan to get a carbon filter or maybe just run the duct right into the wall?

Attached Files:

2. Bump.. how big does a veg chamber need to be?

3. How do ya' intend to grow.....in cycles ....perpetual harvest?
    How many kinds ya' wanna grow?

4. Yeah just perpetual harvest... keep the veg chamber going so I always have something ready to go... figure ill be able to harvest every 2 months ?

Plan 6 26 watt flouros in there, and then 150 watts or so HPS on top of 250 + flouro?

Doing K-2 right now, wanting to try maybe one more strain to mix it up.. maybe g13.. trying to stay away from too stinky, and gonna grow some big bud outside with a friend at his house(has mad acreage)

5. Since I have a 4 foot wide box, would I be better off going with a couple 70 watters (maybe 3) or one 250 watt? Im thinking more bulbs = better covereage, but also alot more possible heat then just one