New bowl for my bong?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by cstekk, Aug 12, 2012.

1. I'm looking for a new bowl for my bong and I was wondering what I should look for. The one it came with is great but it only packs about one or two hits which is nice alone but doesn't work well in groups. So anything specific I should look for? Or maybe an ashcatcher?

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"cstekk"']I'm looking for a new bowl for my bong and I was wondering what I should look for. The one it came with is great but it only packs about one or two hits which is nice alone but doesn't work well in groups. So anything specific I should look for? Or maybe an ashcatcher?[/quote]

What joint size is it? That would probably be your first place to start out. You can go online and look for bigger bowls or at a head shop but you will need to know what size it is. Standard is 14mm, I believe. Then it comes down to what's your price range? Do you want it worked or just a glass slide? Salt slides are mad dough, or you can get black leaf bowls that are pretty big on GC I heard for cheap.

3. shameless plug...

gogopipes.com has great slides. I ordered one, and it packs a ton. They threw in another one which holds 2 hits. They have a lot more though, they look cool too.

4. [quote name='"CaddyMacK"']shameless plug...

gogopipes.com has great slides. I ordered one, and it packs a ton. They threw in another one which holds 2 hits. They have a lot more though, they look cool too.[/quote]

This is a good place to start. I too got a bong and two slides there. One was thick and big but held a medium amount. The other was a cone shape and held a ton.

5. Plus, they're cheap as fuck.

6. standard joint size is 18mm

7. You can check if its 14m or 28mm with a dime/ Just put it on where the glass on glass side, or grommet is. A dime is like 17.9mm, so if it fits through its a 18.8m and if it doesnt its 14.4m :)
    edit:
    Found a variant of my steam roller on that gogo site, buy it!
    http://www.gogopipes.com/Glass_SteamRoller-Steam_Bubbler_Pipe.html
    Mine is blue, has tons of character and hits like a pro. My only suggestion is to get one that has a semi solid bowl piece. You really wont be needing to take it out too much unless you are refilling the water.