Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

new bong, weird tarry substance after 1st bowl???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TimesGoinSlow, Mar 14, 2010.

1. ok ive been smoking 4 about a year just joints and blunts had a pipe 4 awhlie 2 and yesterday i bought a mini bong like half a foot all glass and on the bowl after me n my friend smoked all of it we was reallly high lol :smoking: it had like a tary look on it??? and idk if thats normal on glass or not but kinda tripped me out cause on my other one it never looked like that, its really brown n sticky witch isa duhh but could it have had somethin in it or wat do u guys think? thank u in advance still have some weed 2 smoke dont kno if i wanna tho :confused:

2. It's resin from the bud. It builds up easily on glass pieces after usage... there's various ways to clean it out or extract it out of your piece. Some people scrape it out and roll it into little balls and smoke... when you are desperate.

So yes, it's normal.

3. It's normal dude. It's just resin from the smoke.

4. thank u both had a hard day so ima go hit this shit n just chill

5. Resin! Haha the gold ol first discoveries of resin. Not always pleasant I might add.

6. Resin man! My friend's little bowl collects that shit like none other. I cannot tell you how many resin seshes that kid has had around me. Just scrapes it out and shnarfs it down, that kid smokes more rez than bud, I swear. It tastes horrific, and makes your breath stink, but it'll get ya high in a pinch if you're fresh out of those little green buds we all love.

7. It's just resin and tar, that's what happens when you burn things. Bongs can hit you hard so don't smoke too much.

All glass pieces will collect and build up resin over time.

8. Like everyone else said, it's just resin, any piece you buy will get it. Make sure you clean it before too much builds up, or it is a pain in the ass to clean. When it does come time, there are plenty of methods to clean it, but I think the best (and cheapest) is alcohol and some salt (for grit). or if your super desperate, you can scrape it out and smoke it, but it tastes horrible.

9. what i like to do is just let it build up in the pipe for a while till the hole gets to the perfect point where its basically impossible to get scoobs. But i advise you to clean it when it gets way to sticky in there and gets to be a real pain in the ass!

10. Use caution when scraping though... I was trying to scrape out my bong slide, and then -crack- broke right through the glass. Make sure it's a thicker glass. Otherwise you can use the alcohol extraction method.

11. a good way of cleaning a glass bong thats gone all brown-looking, is to take the pipe out, put a load of water in with denture cleaning tablets in, steradent or steratabs or something...they should clean it up good.
    ....why yes, i am martha stewart. :cool:

12. its resin. let it build up, then collect it and smoke it. nasty taste, but o how good you'll feel.

13. No, don't do this! Headaches are baaaad.

14. Its not resin. No way..

Thats black tar herion building up in your bong. :p