NEw Bong Pickup - BioHazard 3' - Triple Tree Perced!!!!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Fear420, Jul 7, 2008.

1. So I went to the Village last night (NYC) for the first time in about 4yrs...I went down there looking for a PHx double perc that I saw online. I made it to a store called "Wild Eyes" on the corner of St.Marks & 2nd Ave. and low & behold he HAD the PHx double perc that I wanted for $250. As i was waiting for him to finish with other customers to ask for the price,he pulls down the PHx,wraps & bags it & sold it to the guy next to me.So I started looking around for something else thats along the lines of what I was in search of,mainly a triple TREE perced tube. So I look for a minute & spotted this big beautiful beaker standing all alone in the back...It was a straight glass(clear) beaker measuring approx 28" - 36" (no tape measure or yard stick handy ATM,so Im guessing...its up above my knee & Im 6'3"...),Diffuser with 13 holes,Triple Tree Percs & an icecatcher. So he pulls it down & gives me the price of $475...So we do some friendly haggling and I get him to come down to $300 for the tube itself. Then my cousin spots one that he wants(Sky Glass),guy quotes him $200 flat,we got him down to $100 on that one. In the end,we wound up paying $400 total. $300 for my Biohazard Beaker & $100 for his Sky Glass. The guy tossed in a free bowl,3 packs of brass screens for our other pieces and 2 "Glass Screens" each.Then we came home & Christened them...:smoking:

Also,one quick question...This is my first perced waterpipe and Im not 100% sure if I should have water covering the tree perc openings. I presume so,but before I go watering my bong down,Id like to be 1000% sure of it.

Thanks & Enjoy the pix & Vid,
    FEAR

BioHazard Beaker,3',Triple Tree Percs,& Ice Catcher - AKA - The Silent Assassin
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v128/Nissanvq30depowered/WaterPipes/TheSilentAssassin.flv" width="448" height="361">

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sky Glass - 2' - AKA The Twisted Sister

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice piece's man. There's a bubble bottom double tree perc /w splash guard biohazzard in my local shop for $180, was gonna get it but never heard of the brand before so i got my zob instead.

3. Ahh very nice glass pickup. If I had a choice for a piece I would pick out something very similar to that. I can see why one would call it the silent assassin, the hits must be smooth as air.

4. Its BARELY audible when filling the tube,the only time you'll really hear it,is when youre trying to pull that 3' of smoke up minus the bowl. Even then its not loud thanks to the 13 hole diffuser:smoking:

5. looks like some nice tubes man

6. Personally its not all about the name on the bong its more about the QUALITY of the piece. Ive been a bong owner for 16yrs now & Ive NEVER heard of BioHazard either,but when I picked the tube up,you could feel the WEIGHT right off. Its a 5MM tube all the way down,the beaker seems to be a bit thinner(about 3MM) but thats to be expected. Overall the quality is right up there with a RooR or Illadelph as I was able to pick those up & compare the thickness. Same shit,different prices...do some research before you buy man. Theres plenty of online headshops to go check out for pricing,thickness,& overall quality. If you've never heard of the brand before,do what I did....pick it up & EXAMINE IT.Try to compare it to some of the big name pieces they have. Gently tap on the glass & listen for the sound,if its a light pingy sound its thin & I would stay away. If it gives a nice thud or a low pitched sound,its a bit thicker and a better buy. To test this,go grab some glasses from the kitchen,find a nice thick one & a really thin wine glass type....give em a lil tap,listen to the sounds they make....thats how you buy glass ;):smoke:

7. nice pieces man...i have a few sky glass pieces...i got one like ur buddy has but it broke in my hand:( had you heard of sky glass until then?

8. Yes sir. Sky Glass Ive know of for a lil while now. We also spotted them on the website I spotted the PHx on,so we did some quick pricing & whatnot which is how we got the guy down to $100 flat ;):cool:

9. "How much of that shit you smokin?"

haha, I got a laugh out of that one.

Great looking glass pieaces, man, but in all honesty, I dislike the biohazard logo, but the features of the bong are excellent choices.

Also, very nice haggling hehe.

As for the tree percs, you wants the water to be just a tad over the opening in the tree part of the perc. That way smoke it forced through the water from the first chamber to the second on top.

10. Not a huge fan of the logo myself. Nothing a bent razor & some nail polish remover cant fix as Id rather have just a plain clear glass tube ;)

Thats what I thought,but didnt want to go watering down the piece because I "thought" I was right

11. I know this is gonna sound like a "glass snob" comment but I think you got ripped off by the shop, those pieces really look like china prodo glass (but hey, if I'm wrong who cares):
    [​IMG]
    And "biohazard" looks like a sticker placed on this guy:
    [​IMG]

12. Odd,one of the bowls had a sticker on it that said "Made In China". Whats so bad about this stuff??? Anything to look out for???

And I just went and checked,this does look like the stuff on Gorilla. The one my cousin got definitely is & Im assuming mine is one of the triple tree percs they advertise. Now Im pissed... At the same time,Im not really too worried as Im really very very gentle with my glass and I dont do the Ice in the bong thing much.

Just called Gorilla & spoke to the owner...He informed me about the "BioHazard" brand. Since Gorilla is a wholesaler,his friend over at BioHazard in KOREA buys the lots off him,etches,paints or stickers BioHazard on it & resells,he also said this goes on with another company called "exhale"... The price of the Triple Tree Perc that I have from him is $100,its 5.5-6MM glass THROUGHOUT and the only things I should be gentle with are the tree percs since they are obviously very delicate.The twisted one is $54....heres the catch tho...I would still have to buy 8 other items off there to get it,then the chances that it or a perc breaks in shipping etc,etc,etc...

I look at it like this now...whats done is done,its obviously been used so I cant return it,nor do I want to. This was a BDay gift to me from me & my mom. Ill add it to the collection along with the 13 others. If I had ordered from Gorilla I would've wound up spending well over $300 on glass alone & not too mention shipping also,so Ill just eat it & be done with it. I will however say that I WILL NEVER buy from any "spots" in the Village or any lil private headshops anymore,strictly reputable dealers like Grasscity & Gorilla(The guy didnt have to tell me ANYTHING and went out of his way to inform me about the product that I just purchased,to me that goes a long way).

13. Fear420, there are a good number of gorillaglass threads on here if you search. They're just a wholesale of glass that comes out of chinese sweatshops. So they don't have the best product but from what I've heard they are honest people to deal with.

14. Wow, pretty much every non name brand bong or piece is from Gorilla Glass. I know the bongs in my local head shop are straight from Gorilla Glass and I even approached the owner and told him he was chaging over double for what the real value of the bong was worth and I mentioned Gorilla Glass and he gave me the bong for 20$ more than what it was on the website :hello:

15. i just a got a biohazard piece and its the best bong ever! i don't care where it came from or what it really is, its a sweet piece!
    [​IMG]*[​IMG]*[​IMG]check out those cobalt blue perks! it's got a diffuser down stem too :D paid 151.00 and couldn't be happier:smoke: ya'll should come hit this shit!

16. Tips:

-Focus the lens
    -Eliminate random crap from around your subject
    -Learn how to rotate images.

17. #18 JQgreenqueen, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    tips:
    -don't be jealous cuz my bong is better than yours
    -don't tell me what to do
    -go smoke some weed and stop being a weenie head :D

18. Man who the fuck are you comin at me from that angle, your not even the OP...

19. Mann that is a sexy bong and those are some sexy pipes. Is that second one opaque glass?