New Bong. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Joel R, May 19, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,
    First time posting and first time I am really stumped. I google or surf the web when I need information, but I couldn't find anything on this. My roommate got a new bong and I thought it was a normal bong with a mushroom perc, but I can never get a proper hit. I thought maybe it was cracked, but I don't believe so. My next thought was maybe, I'm just filling the bong with water incorrectly. I tried a bunch of different variations, but I feel like it makes the bong harder to hit. So here I am, on a whim hoping someone can help me get a good hit. (Posted a pic of the bong next to a cup so yall can see it relative to something else, as well as a pic of the "mushroom perc")
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. One with cup

Attached Files:

3. I see 2 percs? One mushroom (not familiar with that one), and a propeller perc?

There is also a good bit of resin so something is happening.
    Anyway I usually start with water just covering the perc..however, if you cover the mushroom perc (my #1)..you might have a mess (again..mushrooms are not my thing, nor are percs in general)..My #2 shows the propeller perc covered..I would begin with #2 and work my way up..
    Hope you figure it out (you will!)
    IMG_2047.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks a ton. Propeller perc, good to know. And yeah the res came out when I cleaned it a bit to see if there was a crack when filled. It’s my first mushroom perc too (owner and user) so wasn’t exactly sure the right way. But again thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Buzzer777, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Just looked a bit closer..that is not a real propeller perc..Propeller percs actually spin around when you hit on it..that is some sort of perc though..Not trying to be a Dick but if that is one of those DHGate bongs (not knocking imported glass either since I own some myself), it just might not be designed properly to make those percs work properly (very common with imports).

Good luck and have fun..

6. Yeah, it definitely doesn’t spin. I’ll have to ask him where he got it, but it could be a lower quality import. But filling it to 2 definitely helped, so at least I’m hitting. Side note, maybe I’m just stoned but I feel like there is barely enough air flow for me to get a hit like I’m used too. When the bong fills with smoke, it’s somewhat difficult to breathe in the smoke. I adjust my seal on the mouth of the bong so a crack of air flows and then I can clear it easily. Let me know if I’m just stoned... and pause.

7. That is a slide bong yes? When you are ready..pull the slide/bowl out partially to allow air in and smoke into your lungs..I am very old school where we never even knew about an ice catcher, more or less cooling percs.All our stuff had carbs..LOL

8. Anything that covers the 4 tubes below the mushroom is enough. it's not gonna work better than that because it's a badly designed bong function-wise. to me the most important part of the bong is how well it hits, so if i were you i'd get it super extra spotless clean and then just sell it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Agreed, after cleaning it well I can get a couple good hits then it gets clogged again due to poor functionality. At least I didn’t pay for it, but it’s kind of a waste of a bong. That’s why I always try to by name brand so I have somewhere to call or etc. atleast.

10. wait, things don't get clogged because of poor functionality, they get clogged because of physical dirt inside the bong , otherwise there is nothing to clog it. are you sure there isn't a glob of resin stuck inside the perc? and if you say you can get 2 good hits on it, then technically you should be able to keep hitting it the same. there's something very weird going on here dawg