New Bong from GC

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by reverseSTONED, Dec 10, 2010.

1. I personally don't like all the gaudy crap on the Mahony, but if you like it, awesome. look's good from my house.
    Even if the WS comes with a semi-decent downstem, that's one of the first things you wanna replace on a stock bong.
    The WS bong will be hard to clean due to the tree. Also keep in mind WS trees are.. well... WS. Gotta be CAREFUL. You'd probably want an ac to keep things easier to handle... frequent cleaning is the key. If you like to clean your bong a lot, this wont be a problem... but that sucks because of how fragile the tree is.

Now on the other hand, what I've seen and read about the molino is that it's solid and a great piece of glass. The problem here is that if you want smoother smoke, you'll need to buy a precooler. 30~50+ for a decent one. I lived without any fancy percs for a long time, but meh. It's up to you in the end. Oh yeah, and it's 7mm instead of 5.

Reading reviews all over just leads me away from WS bongs.
    I'd go with the thicker Molino, but it's your pick :D

2. Yes WS does come with a downstem.

If you want higher quality glass go with the Molino.
    If you want more diffusion go with the WS.

3. Thanks for the replies. I'm a pretty careful guy and I'm buying a bong bag with it, so I think the tree will stay in tact. Aslo, after I get Christmas money I'll be buying an Alex K shower head to go with whatever I get.

I realize Molino is definitely better glass and is a safer bet, but won't that WS perc make a big difference in smoke? that's the only thing holding me back from the Molino. I've never used a bong with a perc before, so I don't know how much emphasis to put on it.

4. i think it would be a good idea to get the molino and an inline perc or something that way you can get the smoothness with the benefit of the 7mm. plus i like how clean and simple the molino looks. but thats just me and ive always been the type to go for thicker glass when the money is there. i just ordered the 5mm molino(white logo) and i think im gonna be happy with it, if i had the extra cash i def would have gotten the 7mm. plus i ordered an extra slide cuz i dont like the stock one.

5. My Suggestion:

Molino with an ashcatcher

6. molino definitely.
    if you think bout it, in the long run the 7mm molino will last you a longer time.
    and like others said you can buy an a/c or a precooler like i did
    i bought the molino teardrop :smoking:
    buy the molino and an a/c or precooler! will sorta act like a perc and will keep
    your bing clean!

:smoking::bongin:

7. Get the molino with a carbon filter, that will make your hits real smooth and clean plus your bong and lungs will thank you.

8. if your getting an Alex K shower head, then you dont need the extra perc that the WS version offers. It would be kinda unnecessary.

Or you could save money and go with the WS since it already offers you the extra diffusion with out buying a special Downstem.

SO either save money, or spend more money ^_^

9. #11 polski sklep, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    ... in the short term.

There is a risk that lower quality glass could break easier or disappoint the buyer through poor/inferior function/build - leading to a replacement purchase.

10. i dunno, im only gonna buy a bong with a perc if its good glass. ive had to many cheap bongs with percs where then just come loose for no reason. then it sounds like there is bells in the bong, then you gotta take em out. lol id say go with the molino, and if you think it hits too harsh or whatever then invest into an a/c. i really just havent heard good things about ws

11. or not in the short term at all.

I've owned my WS illusion double perc for almost a year now. No problem

My friend owned his for 3 days and knocked it over and it broke. Thats a problem.

How do you solve the problem? Be more careful with cheaper glass.

It just is what it is.

12. For someone new to glass or happy to accept flaws, the WS illusion may be of no problem but as you have alluded to - with such brazen/profit driven quality control, any buyer of Weedstar risks wasting their valued money.

I just find that £83 is rather a large stake for a precarious bong.

13. Either get the Molino and an Alex K now or the Molino and the Octopus ash catcher. The A/C actually diffuses/bubbles pretty well and for 34 dollars I would recommend it. The octopus + the W* connector arm= A pretty nice bubbler.

14. i would deff go with the molino as its 7mm and you can always get a good downstem for it. perc bongs are usually pretty crappy until you want to really spend some dough