new babies...PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by heybudday85, May 17, 2004.

1. My seeds have just sprouted after germinating in a paper towel. People have warned me against using fertilized soil with them right away, but given the lack of money and the availibility of fertilized soil in mom's shed I was wondering if it is harmful to the seedlinngs, and why exactly you're not supposed to use it. I am on the verge of stealing soil out of someones backyard garden. I have an HPS light as well and have been warned against using it on the plants within their first week of sprouting, so will sunlight do the trick until they are a wee-bit older? Thanks for the help, and any other tips would be greatly appreciated

2. there are a lot of journals from seed to harvest in that section. i think you should read a lil, a lot of your questions could be easily answered. even about nuted soil. but to answer that question, your plants embryo leaves provide all the nutes the seedling needs for about 3 weeks.