New-B needs advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by 420growing, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hey everybody, so im basically a newbe ive been messing around here and there for a while trying to grow inside and diddnt like the results so this year i started one outside to see what it would do. Just bag seed no joke, the best one yet. I started in a cup then to a 5 gal bucket. 3/4 in holes in the bottom,:wave::hello: i used peatmoss and good rich creek soil, nothing else besides water and sun. no nutrient or plant food yet. What i want to know is a five gal bucket good to make it till harvest? Also i want to go organic so what kind of natural supplements can i use as plant food? she was all green till yesterday the first three starter leafs died and a little yellowing at lower part of the plant? So why is this? Its been alittle hott and good afternoon storms? Any suggestions on what i need to do next? Shes a little over 2 months old and is exactly 3 foot tall. Any complements are welcome on how shes comeing. A couple bugs got her here and there but 7 dust took care of her. The first three was from about two weeks ago and the last ones are from today. I knows she looks a little droope but we just got a hard rain shell be waveing by in the morning. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      286.2 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      322.5 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      343.9 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      387.6 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      422.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      240.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Is that thing still in a tiny cup? Its kinda hard for me to tell how big your plant is by the pic. Five gallons is good, ten is way better. The yellowing at the bottom likely has to do with you possibly having it in a miniature pot still.. Or if it is a lot bigger than i think and its in a five gallon it could still be root bound and is certainly angry that you haven't fed her.. You should look up organic teas. Its like a big nasty pourage of all types of dead/poop type shit. The heat and storms have nothing to do with anything.

But great job for real, especially if you only started one plant. You do need to keep in your mindset that it could be male. So your hopes aren't totally dashed when you find that your plant is covered in balls. Maybe start 2 or 3 non-feminized seeds in the future in hopes of 1-2 females.

3. howdy

I can tell your plant is lacking sun (too much in the woods). I'd say it gets 3-4 hours of direct sun, you'd need double that
    as for ferts, they are added before the plant is placed. But you can top dress (lay down ferts on the soil). TOp dress not directly touching the stem (to not burn the root ball) with horse manure, chicken manure, kelp (1 inch thick spread on a few inches). You can also make a tea with these ferts and liquid feed for faster results.
    Try cutting branches, bushes to give it more direct sun cause that is the main motor of your plant. Bugs will also leave it alone if it gets more sun (higher "brix" level).

4. Thanks for the reply, shes in a five gal bucket and shes 36in tall or 3 foot exactly. she looks much bigger than in the pics i will try and get better pics while the sun is up and later. The one and only i started this year till i get use to the area. I do know theres a good chance she could be a male but either way good learning experience for next year. Hopefully a female tho. Corto your rite about the sunlight about three to four hours a day. but with the temps and humidity at record breaking highs i have been scared to leave it in the sun allday. So maybe go to a 10 gal bucket,and look into some teas?

5. the sun is the number 1 factor you need
    you can liquid feed some horse manure (soak 1 cup in a gallon for 1 week then put mix to another gallon of water, then use) or top dress horse manure or other food. No need to transplant

but especially find another spot. The sun is good and your plant is screaming for it. That's why it is lanky and being attacked by bugs. Shady spots in the forest are no good. Good luck.