New At Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RETARDDED, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Ok I'm new to growing weed . . this is going to be my first time i got two 150 wat light bulbs heres som pics. Are these bulbs good?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yea prolly just for starting your seedling off though you prolly need to get a 400w hps,mh,floros.

3. Those are going to work man, incadescents just dont work. You need a grow light at least a CFL.

4. You will probibly need more wattage than that but I wouldnt got as far as a 400w HPS. 150-200w of CFL will get you a nice yeild. Ditch that bulb and get yourself like 50w of CFL to get your plant/s growing. Then you will probibly want more later on like 150-200 like I said. CFL and the bulbs you got aren't equal as far as Lummenes per wat. Witch means you need less CFL watts to equal the incandescants watts you have. CFL also put off less heat than Incandescants. CFL can be bought every where, go to a hardware store or k-mart or any other local store that sells lights.

5. whats CFL?

6. Do a search, or google "light CFL". I would laso sugest you read up on growning. Google it or check out overgrow.

7. Ya man i agree with pmb. Also what is your set up give some more detals.

8. Dorklover, you really have to read the forums some time. OG has been down for a couple of weeks now. :)

As for that bulb, ditch it. Get a CFL (Compact Flourescent). They are those spiral looking bulbs you see at Wal-Mart.

I definately don't think your NEED and MH or HPS, but they certainly don't hurt. If you are only growing one or two plants, you can get away with 250 watts. The general rule of thumb is 50 watts per sq. foot.

Good luck.

9. When i have free time I'll get to it. That will be in about June. You can still google things. That isn't down.