New at growing! HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AlwayzStoned, Apr 2, 2012.

1. I grew my seedlings from seed and they were growing great in soil until a day ago. The temp is 78, fairly humid, no fan , and a 50 watt light. Well the problem is that the stems are wilting but the leafs look good just the stem. Please help.

2. Air circulation...let em breathe

3. Three died :( I hav only 11 left I will post pictures asap

4. 50 watts is not enough

5. I can't afford an expensive light any suggestions?

6. And I've heard people growing spouts with florescent lights until vegetative stage

7. Ok this is the condition my plants at in :(

Attached Files:

8. What kind of light are you using? The reason they are so stretching and falling over is because the light is to far away.

9. you need more lighting my friend

10. #10 iambuzn, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    "Borrow" a street light there Hid lights i read on the internet they can work.

or a legal way is to buy cfls from walmart about 3 per plant.
    You need blue for vegative (2700k i think)
    and the red are 6500k i believe for flowering.

Also how long since your babies have sprouted maybe its time to transplant so they can grow bigger roots

11. The light Im using is a 50 watt hid light Idk what type its not high pressure sodium or metal halide

12. And the light is usually around 10" away from tips of leaves

13. And there is a UV light screen on the lamp should I take that off?

14. Take a pic of ur hid light?

15. Sodium Vapor?

16. My light

Attached Files:

17. ive never seen or heard of a light like that so I can only assume its not good enough for your plants..I got about 20 CFLs of different intensities for about 10 bucks at a dollar store and they pump out more than enough light for my babies

18. Send a picture?

19. There is a uv filter would that do any good if I took it off

20. Doh! Whatever that is...and I'm intrigued by the fact it says UV filter on the glass...it's wrong. Just wrong. At least grab a couple daylight CFL's (the spiral "energy saver" bulbs) and start with those before it's too late.

iambuzn has it backwards. Daylight or blue has a color temperature of 6500k and soft white or red has a color temperature of 2700k.