new areo tray

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hippie john, Apr 13, 2004.

1. oh god i typed out this huge post and didnt copy it, then i hit the back button and lost all of it.... damnit...

anyway $5 a piece and i got 3 of em... dimensions are 23.5" x 22" x 7.5"

Attached Files:

2. Yo john, that looks cool.

I have to be honest with you man. Like a few night ago I ran across your world's smallest box thread. Needless to say as luck would have it I've run across a box that's 10.5" wide 23" long and 29" high and I'm looking to do something similar.

Do you have any links to how to build a wick system? Or any hydro systems that could fit in my space? (I'd really love to try dwc, but considering the size, I don't think it'll work).

Anyways, what ever happened to ye ole tiny box? It really made me think and I kinda feel like the fair tale had no ending :'-(

What kinda mister are you putting in your aero tray?

Sorry to bog you down with some many questions and I wish you good luck dude.

3. the worlds smallest growbox is at a pause right now...

but with that amount of space that you have... i think a good swc would be best.... even a really low profile aero system... with hps and everything... worl oh

4. You think something about 6-7 inches high would give me enough space for the water, airstone etc??? Or is that too shallow?

5. yeah man, that sounds good.... look at the article by newganjaboy on OG... he uses swc and ive build afew similar to his, and they work great.... just find a res about the size of your boxs dimensions... except about 6 - 8" high...

6. u plan on growing a plant from start tofinish in that thing?

7. Who me? Or John?

John is planning on using that in an aeroponic system....

I'm trying to make a shitty little grow box still. And yes, I'm actually like to have 2 in my space.

8. Hi all!
    How is the box coming along anyway shorty?
    I definitely wanna try a hydro scrog in the future!
    Working on the design as we speak lol
    Keep us posted hippie on da set-up!
    CWL

9. CWL - I still have that box but it needs a lot of work. It has way too many light leaks and it's just going to be a pain in the ass.....

Right now I'm wanting to grow some white rhino (sog) underneath my 600.

Then I find a good mum and clone her. Then I might just try a 600 watt hydro scrog grow. The scrog will slow me down, but the hydro might cut off a couple weeks, so I'm hoping it'll even out. I'm thinking like 4 clones in bubbling buckets (perhaps and ebb and flow table) and a massive screen...

I want to grow the rhino sog first though... Cause if it's too sativa-ish, then it'll probally suck to scrog.

10. Damn! u got a 600w hps? That Shit (woopsy!) Rocks!
    Yeah I was thinking bout taking a few clones but i aint got a seperate veg box :( Ill have to do sumtin bout that!
    I wanna try and keep a bonsai mother too! Ive been practising on an Ash tree seedling i got a few months ago and i think ive got it nailed!
    You have got to build a box man! dont let that hps go to waste :)
    Does growin' Hydro really cut a lot of time off a grow?
    Good luck!
    CWL

11. "Damn! u got a 600w hps? That Shit (woopsy!) Rocks!"

-Yeah man, I think I have obsessive complusive disorder or something..... I met a guy that was growing (or atleast I suspected he was, he wouldn't tell me) so I started looking around the internet for growing websites. I ran across a lot of them but I like this one the best. So I stayed here for a couple of weeks and then made a 6 hour round trip to the hydro store and dropped about a grand.

-What's even worse is that I'm about this >< close to driving back up there this weekend and dropping some more money into a switchable 1k.

-Where I live a 1/4 of "good shit" is at the very least 100, and usually more like 125 or 120. An 1/8 is 70..... No kidding. I could probally sell a pound for 3k easily. And I know a 1k, and a 600 could get me 2 if not 3 pounds, with a little practice. $9,000 bucks for a couple months of growing, you can't argue with that.

"Yeah I was thinking bout taking a few clones but i aint got a seperate veg box :( Ill have to do sumtin bout that!
    I wanna try and keep a bonsai mother too! Ive been practising on an Ash tree seedling i got a few months ago and i think ive got it nailed!"

-That's cool man. It won't be hard to build a clone box. More and more people are vegging under floruscents theese days. And thoose cfls, make it pretty easy to build a box. The only downside about them is the heat they put off.....

-Cloning an ash tree huh? I might give that a try with one of theese random plants my girlfriends got all over this house...

"You have got to build a box man! dont let that hps go to waste :)"

-Oh I won't. But if I bump up to 1,600 watts I'll definately be growing in a c.g.e. (closed growing environment). That'll make it easier to set up my co2 tank and what not..... And if I go up to 1,600 I just might try to make a NFT system.

"Does growin' Hydro really cut a lot of time off a grow?"

-I can't really get into the soil vs. hydro debate because I've never really grown either. But hydro to me has some clear advantages that make it more desireable to me.

-I like the that that I could know my exact ph and my exact nutrients levels at any time I want. In soil it can be difficult to find an accurate ph reading of the soil.

-Hydro is really clean. I think it'd be better to clean up a little spilled water than to keep vaccuming up dirt.

-With hydro you don't have to worry about over watering or under watering. As long as the system is set up and timed right, it's not going to fuck up.

-I am going hydro after this grow for sure. I don't know if it cuts time off of everybody's grows. (I've seen commerical growers, in cannabis cultures, and around the web that use soil. So hydro can't be that much faster.) But, I know it'll save me some time, in fuck ups, clean up time etc..... And I live alone (with my girl) and don't have many friends, so I'm not worried about it being silent.

Just my 2 cents.