Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New appreciation for MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Moojack, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Ever since I started smoking, I've always believed that marijuana should be legalized for medicinal purposes at the very least, if not for everyone. But I never realized how much good it can actually do until this week. I had surgery this past Thursday to fix the torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. The doctor gave me a prescription for 500mg Lortabs, which I've been taking off and on. Mostly though, I've been smoking a bowl whenever the pain starts to bother me. Not only does it take care of the pain, but also the nausea that the Lortabs sometime bring on. Not to mention that it won't kill my liver like the pills.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the new-found respect I have for this wonderful plant. It makes me angry to think that something so safe is denied to people that could use it instead of downing handfuls of pills every day. I can't wait for the day that more people will wake up and see marijuana for what it really is, not some evil drug like the government wants them to believe.

2. that's awsome, dude, and i totally agree.

3. i have never experienced using marijuana for pain but i would bet it would work better and alot fast then pills do

4. I broke my collar bone about a month ago and the day after I smoked a few bowls, not really knowing how it would help the pain. I was aware that it relieves pain quite affectively, but once I experienced it, all I can say is that it is the best thing ever for pain.

Not only does is take the pain away, but since your senses are heightened when you're high, you are more aware of if you are doing anything to hinder the healing, since you can feel if the bone is being moved in an awkward position.

5. I absolutely agree with you. I've recently decided to get back into shape (I've become quite a couch potato since my first semester in college). I've been having some elbow and knee pain off and on (because I'm stupid and don't pace myself exercising, lol) and a joint afterwards REALLY makes a difference. Sure as hell beats Tylenol.

6. Awesome post, Moojack, write that as a testimonial and send it to every politician you can find!