New apartment! Closet grow Q's

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blueflame1986, May 22, 2006.

1. I'm taking off my current closet doors and placing them safley in my basement. I"ll mounting my own doors so i can do what ever i want to them 'bud'. And no crap drilling holes into his walls is not an option. The point we're trying to make here is that, within the limits he has givin us, a closet grow using HID lights won't be successful and will be a potential fire hazard. Maybe you have some useful input of your own instead of critiquing what everyone else is saying:confused:

oh yeah venting through the crack in the bottom of the door isn't really an option, if your exhast is right next to your intake then you'll just cycle the same stale air. not to mension a door crack isn't nearly big enough to circulate anything useful.

edit: the bent ducting was only an example of the mechanism to block out light any piping that you can get into two 90 degree angles before exahsting the air will work sufficiently to keep the light in

2. man i'm tryin to figure it out too. i don't really think theres a way to do it safely and discreetly in a rental property especially if you have a bunch of people tryin to come in all the time. might as well grow out in the open cause how are you going to explain a mutilated, glowing, and gentlely humming closet? :confused:

3. You can't. It shouldn't be glowing but there would definetly be some weird noises + vents on the door, my strategy is to keep people out of my room.

4. I know somebody in the same situation and she bought a couple of free standing grow tents. You can do the same concept to handle airflow, temps and odor. If you are using your own closet door, cut a 6" circular hole in the top and bottom (or whatever size necessary). Hang venting hose off the top hole with a fan/carbon scrubber to exhaust into your room. The bottom hole is for intake and you can get a circular darkroom vent for the door which is light proof. If I had to do and apt.closet grow, I would investigate this idea.

If the lights and fan are off and it is quiet, you could atleast put a coat hook above the top hole and hang/drape a long robe or towel over vent hose....not much, but at least it something

5. until you have your own place, i'd say observe the current month, get an indica strain, and *cough* don't worry about lighting

6. i'm with you on that:hello:

7. There seems to be an unwillingness by this poster to accept reality. We keep telling him the things he must do, and he keeps asking if he can somehow just not have to do them.

If you cannot create the right conditions for growing -- including for plant health as well as for stealth -- then don't grow. Period.

8. Were on this thread was I disagreeing with any of these ideas? I'm trying to gain all the info I can before I actually start doing anything.

9. I never said you came right out and disagreed, I said you are not accepting what we are saying and keep searching for a way around our advice:

A 400w light is way too much heat, OK?

I would like nothing better than to give you a way to grow in a closet with a hot light and no ventilation. But I can't because it is very difficult if not impossible to do without an extremely elaborate set-up. You will either kill the plants or you will get busted by reeking up the whole building. Sorry, that's the truth.

10. y dont u jus get a copule of flouresent lights take a couple ragular fans put them in the closet to move around the air and cut a hole in the closet to door the fans should help vent the stale air/heat on its own

11. If you want to grow five plants, and use that huge light, then you are going to have to have a great ventilation system. Its that simple; you can ignore, or go against what the people on this board are telling you, but your plants aren't going to survive, and you'll have all kinds of problems. You can't just drill a couple holes, and open the door to let heat out. If youre worried about all of this, grab some CFLs and instead of five plants, grow two.