New Anti-Pot Commercials

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bluhaze, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Is it just me or are the new "above the influence" ads getting more and more juvenile?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3NVWJcQ0So"]YouTube - "Achievments" Anti-Weed Commercial[/ame]

2. It's like a crackhead wrote those scripts.

3. it just plays on retarded old lies that the government has disproved with scientific fact and studies.

i go to college and get b's and a's fine and smoke every day.

4. Hahaha wow this one really is pathetic. It seems more like a joke than anything.

5. This is new to you guys? This has been playing in my area for a few months now

6. I just cant get over how all these ads are more about things people are more likely to do on alcohol. We could make an ad for them:

-We ignore scientific facts
    -We want weed illegal so we dont lose our job
    -We like to pretend that this ad has actually stopped anyone from smoking weed
    -Our ads are made by people who barely know what weed looks like, let alone what being high is like

7. I let people draw on me too! :hello:

8. "I got high enough to lose my inhibitions about drinking, so bad things happened to me."

Solution: Drink in moderation.

9. Hahahaha. I loved it how they all sounded so proud and shit, as if they were saying "I just cleared a 2gram bong hit" or someshit

10. i just choose to laugh at them, because i know that in a few years theres gonna be commercials for different strains being sold over phone :smoking:

11. #11 GoliathToker79, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    Let's break this whole commercial down, shall we:

Stealing from your little sister is sad, and that is what crackheads do. Most stoners work so they can buy, not steal from there little sister's piggy bank.(Next commercial you will see a "stoner" pacing around the house and then finding his lil sister's piggy bank and smashing it, there that stupid to do it too!!) Then you have motivational bullshit, you have to be one dumb bitch to get straight D's. I was a B/C student, normal I'd say and it has been like that since middle school so that had no difference in my studies. Drunk people leave there Girlfriend 27 ex-messages, let people draw on there face. Don't pass out at partys your just asking for it then, go home if your flagged!! Never ditch your friends, hang out smoke,play some games, munchies/beverages most people don't ditch there friends unless there just douchbags.

12. lol yea

also, the yes we can commercial is sooo much more mature than this! i mean seriously, are the creaters of above the influence really that fucked up?

13. I specifically remember this commercial cause the little white guy who "left his x girlfriend 27 messages last night" used to be "left my girlfriend 27 messages last night" and how I was trying to figure out how that was a problem. Apparently they changed it.

14. That commercial does one thing well: completely trivialize any sort of substance abuse.

What teenager is going to look at that and say, "Gee, they're right. Look at the HORRIBLE consequences these kids are facing as a result of using some substance." :rolleyes:

Considering upwards of 60% of busts involve young people, and it creates revenue through fines and supports the bureaucracy that is the industry of prohibition, could the question be raised: "Are they trying to BAIT young people INTO using drugs?"
    Tobacco adds chemicals to make sure people get hooked, and alcohol is inherently addictive. The prohibitionists have no such luxury to insure you keep using the substances that keep them employed. So rather, they bait young people into USING drugs with stupid ad campaigns. ;) After watching that piece, does my conspiracy theory seem THAT far-fetched? :D I mean, it really seems to be egging on young people. ANY focus group of teenagers would tell them that this ad would do nothing to curb their desire to try or use drugs. It may in fact cause them to seek them out because their curiosity has been piqued.

Sadly, they never accept that there is such thing as responsible use. I don't think teenagers should use drugs, just so there isn't the possibilty of messing up their brains as they develop, and generally speaking, I don't think they are responsible enough to handle it (not driving, etc.)

15. I once sent a series of emails to AboveTheInfluence.com, in which I thoroughly exposed their propaganda for the lies and bullshit it is. After about 2-3 replies which looked like some form letter shit somebody copied and pasted, not even responding to my points at all, I gave up. They are idiots.

16. There seems to be a direct relationship between the stupidity levels of these commercials and the amount of positive rep marijuana is receiving. I think that they're getting nervous.

"Hurry people are starting to realize everything we say is bullshit, we need to create the most ridiculous ads we can think of to counter this. We will loose our jobs if its legalized!"

17. Post them on here!

18. Of course! They get paid to make u think smoking cannabis is bad. Now I hate to see anyone lose their job but this is for the greater good. :)

19. Savial: would prefer not to, as the emails contain personally identifiable information

20. it seems so insane to me that there can be an anti-substance campaign that NEVER actually uses facts. they just use propaganda, atleast cigarette commercials have facts in them.