New announcement??

Discussion in 'General' started by JC52771, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Any one else see the new announcement on GC support page. Anything going to the US that weighs more than 500 grams will be sent by sea instead of by air.

This means it could take up to two weaks longer :(

thank you Homeland Security

2. Uh, seriously, I'm gonna have to have some more info on this...I mean, do you realize just how light 500 grams is when it comes to shipping all kinds of stuff around the world? The planes will practically be empty and God knows where they're going to find an entire fleet of cargo ships to accommodate this new rule...

3. yea i would like more info on it too, but apparently its not permanent. I guess they're just all paranoid with the holidays coming up

4. The holiday rush is even less of a reason to believe this is true in any way. I've asked around to those who deal with this type of work, and they've never heard of it.

I mean seriously, we're talking about anything weighing barely over ONE POUND. The cardboard box that most shit ships in via air can weigh more than one pound empty...It's basically grounding every single thing larger than an envelope, and I fail to see the logistical support behind it.