new and improved 1000w gro

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by msad420, Jun 4, 2011.

1. #1 msad420, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    :hello:ok so this year im gong allll out im going to be working with only autflowers under 1400w of hps in flower and a 1000w mh in veg...

i basicly just want to list evreything im gettig and ask you guys if im missing anything ..

ok sooooo

6 inch hepa filter
    6 inch vortex fan for intake
    8 inch vortex fan for exhaust with 49' carbon filter all with 8 inch ducting and 8 inch dust shroom

another 8 inch vortex fan for cooling the 1000w plus the 400w light run through 8 inch ducting and 8 inch air cooled reflector for both bulbs.. the fan pulling all the air is the vortex fan and there is also a 600 cfm inlne duct fan helping push some air through soo just for the lights there is over 1000cfm

1 1000w digilux hps bulb
    1 1000w digilux mh bulb
    1 400w lumatek bulb

1 lumatek 1000w ballast
    1 400w luamatek ballast

2 8 innch duct mufflers
    1 6 inch duct muffler

for soil

lots of perite

happy frog

fox farms ocean forest

pro mix bx

roots organic potting soil

1 gal bucket at first

than into 5 gal buckts

im going to be growing a in a grow lab tent that is basicly 3'11 x 7'11 '6'11.....

for nureitns
    final phase
    big bud
    bud candy
    rhino skin
    overdrive
    superthrive
    cal mag
    ph up down
    bushmaster
    grow, micro , bloom for veg
    consoier for flower
    bushmaster
    bud ignitor
    pirhana
    voodoo juice

to keep evreything cool im going to buy a 12000 btu portable ac unit and mount it ouside of the tent but in the room where the tent is in near the intakes for the air cooled light and the intake for the tent.

ill be using the yo yo hangers to hang evreything

digital timer

tempature humidity reader

ph meter and tds all that shit in 1 thing..

a flame defender just incase.

little germination station.

200w cfl to start the seedlings with reflector

fan speed controllers to get evreythng dialed in just right

einstein oil for pest.. anything else i should use??

for co2 im just going to be using some green pads and excello fiz

for electricity im going to get an electricia to install 3 30 amp breakers in the room it will all be setup in

also a dehumidifier

and for SEEDS im just going to order a ton from attiude seed bank ALL AUTFLOWERS

and probally some other strains aswll

and to tape evreythin together aluminum tape lol

and string for lst lol

so im pretty sure i included evreythng i have:) but if u can suggest stuff or say anything im mising thatd be great bease moneys not really an isse since im spending around 4 grand on all this anyways ..

2. how loud do you think 2 8inch vortexx fans and 1 6 inch vortex fans will be? should i get the sound mufflers or does that stop alot of cfm from passing through? my main 2 worries are sound and smell.. do you think that carbon filter will do the job .. it has 105 lb of carbn and is rated for atleast 510cfm and my fan is 745cfm... if you guys could please mention anything ANYTHING i forgot that would be great

3. Mufflers work great and if you want ultra quiet you need to put one on both sides but just one on the exhuast side quiets by 50% roughly I'd say. I have a DIY one I made 8" wide 24" long and it doesn't really cut down of my cfm.

And you want to match your CFM of your scrubber to that of your fan. I learned this today I needed to replace mine. If your fan is too powerful it will suck the smell through the filter too fast and it will not remove the smell. If the fan it too small it will not suck air through the fan at all. I would recommend you get a 745cfm rated scrubber or as close to it as possible.

Hope that helps,
    Hello

4. sorry i didnt desribe this perfectly but my carbon filter is rater for

Max CFM: 1020 cfm Min CFM: 510 cfm

and my fan fits right almost in the middle at 747cfm so i think its ok right?

5. i think im also going to get 3 duct silencers 2 8 inch 1 6inch but my question now is lol how would i mount it to my duct work for my air cooled reflector, intke..and exhaust?

i was thinking

dustshroom....ducting.....reflectr.......ducting....outof tent....fan...duct silencer..outside

6. i acaully went with anther 1000w hps so now itll be up to 2000watts in flower... so my air cooled hooods will be setup deiffrent with a 8 inch vortex fan 747cfm.. plus a 8 inch 600cfm duct booster fan before the reflectors... woud this be able to cool 2000w?

7. How ever you set it up fan, light, scrubber, filter combo. The muffler should be at either end of the fan, here is a pic of mine it is on the exhaust side.

Save yourself some money and make the muffler yourself. I looked in the 2011 Sunlight supply catalog and you would spend $107 for a muffler to fit your 8" fan. You could make it for less then $60. All supply's available at Home Depot except for the egg carton foam

Get a ducting 4" wider then your fan openings. 2ft long will work , for your 8" fan get 12" wide ducting and (2) 12"-8" reducers. 3m 90 spray adhesive. And egg carton foam. Spray the inside of the duct and the back of the egg carton foam with the 3m. Allow it to get tacky and then put the foam in the duct. snap the ducting together. Put your reducers on both ends. Connect it to your fan, and your done.

As for you being able to cool both lights I would assume so. As long as your temps outside the tent are under control. But not quote me on that, b/c you know what they say when you assume something. I run 400watt HPS and MH. So I have no idea how hot 2 1000watt bulbs get.

I look forward to seeing your set up when you get it all together.
    -Hello

Attached Files:

8. i would lik to make it but since i have to hav3 of them for me it would just be easier to buy them... and i acaully found some 8 inch ones and 6 inch ones for cheap

the 8inch ones are 80 and the 6 inch is 70

9. It is your money. I like to Do it myself. I enjoy getting my hands dirty or in this case sticky. Please post pics when you have your set up up. Thank you

-Hello

10. you guys think id be able to fit a 1000w hps and a 400w hps in a 5x5 grow tent... i think i can all the fans will be mounted out of the tent the only things that will be inside it are the carabon filter ducting reflectors and plants lol... so is that a good size space or should i get the 7;11 by 4'11 grow tnet?

11. i like the sound of your setup. i do, although, hate to hear anything about AUTOS. i personally have never found them to be anything other than a waste of time

12. these autos that im orderings are called super autos so they produc e alot more than a normal auto... care to explain why you dont like them? cuz im still debating on just going all auto or femed seeds

13. Awesome setup here man. really trully. Good stuff here and I can't think of many ways to change things.

Actually, i say just go with what you're doing.

I'm hearing good things about Advanced Nutrients BadAss ballasts, so that might be somethign to try out at some point since you seem to trust AN with other things.

But hey, if this all works for you, I'm not sure that anything needs to change up.

good luck man!!!

14. #14 msad420, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    thanks guys but i kinda am switchin things up a bit just to not be so loud i got some new stuff

4 150w hps in reflector wth ballast in refector...

1 1000w bulb.

only ventingg the 1000w bulb..

8 inch fan for exhaust

6 inch for intake

600w bulb in veg maybe with some 200w cfls is it worth it? there 14000 lumens so i think there would be good side growth if i got 3-4

what size tent should i go with 5x5 or 3'11 x 7'11 ???

15. #15 msad420, Jun 9, 2011
    i think i might get another tent to make this into a perpetual grow!..

another 4x4 tent wih

400w mh

1 200w cfl

2 foot 8 bulb t5 lighting on 1 side the cfl and the t5 is for side lighting

4 inch intake 6 inch exhaust since its my veg room stlll a small carbon filter. 4 inch hepa filter.. and my 400w will NOT be air cooled just the 6 inch working for exhaust.. im probally going to up the ac unit maybe get a 14000 btu one

plus on the new soil and seeds and nutes i need now..

also should i run the 400w in my flower room or the 3 150w hps? im confused because i know the 3 150w hps has more watts but the 400w gets further into the canopy help?

wat kind of venteation woud be ok for a 4x4 room witha 400 watter? i already mentioned a 4 inch vortex for intake and 6 inch vortex for exhaust but do i really need that much venteation? and also there woud be anoter 2 200w cfls plus a nice t5 lighting so in the veg room around 70 000 lumens...

also do i realy need hepa filters or am i wasting my mony? dont they cut back on cfm?

16. #16 msad420, Jun 9, 2011
    how much do you think i can harvest ? flower room with 1000w hps and 1 400w hps and 2 150w hps also with 2 200w cfls for added spectrum and also a 2 foot 8 bulb t5 lighting system so the cfls and the t5 put together is around an extra 55 000 lumens just for under growth? with lots of diffrent strains from attitude seedbank.. i was thinking i could get around 2 pounds maybe more maybe less

how many plants would i need to have going

i was thinking 8 in total all diffrent strians but more at the beggining but some obvi have to go ouutside and grow by the gold ol ray of the sun

do you guys think 3 30 amp breakers will be able to cover

2 200w cfls
    8 light t5 fixture
    2 8 inch vortex fans
    6 inch vortex fan
    1000w hps
    400w hps
    2 150w hps
    circulating fans

17. Don't trust anyone that answers that one mate. No one can really do more than make a wild guess. I know it's tough, but try not to think too much about how much you'll harvest. Just let it be what it will be. If you start dreaming about X amount of harvest you'll probably end up disappointed.

I just got one of those, and they are appropriately named. Seriously bad ass. EASILY my favorite toy in my grow room right now. If it weren't for "no tell" I'd be dragging all my buddies back there to show it off. I capital F - Frakkin love that ballast!