New Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Insert fangirl squee [here].

2. Just heard about this on yahoo a few hours ago.
    Deffinately going to be a trippy/amazing movie.

3. This may be one of the few remakes that are actually good

4. i hope he is better in this than he did in his remake of willie wonka

5. If it´s anything like the chocolate factory remake....I´ll lose hope in the Burton/Depp duo

6. Johnny Depp needs to stop fucking up old classics.

7. I wouldn't consider it fucking them up unless the original movies were destroyed in the process of filming the new one.

8. This ^

O-VER-RAT-ED

9. idk bout this that willy wonka shit was garbage

10. #11 Tuk2, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
    ya for real...stop exploiting depp.

I think it would be STELLER to make like, a twisted alice in wonderland movie on the dark side...like that PC game that came out a long time ago. What role is Johhny gonna play...cat? guy at the tea party?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I for one enjoy the works of Johnny Depp...even in the Choc Factory. Was it he best movie ever? No. Was the original? No. They both weren't totally awesome but it's cool to see him transform for his roles. He is playing the Mad Hatter which I think will be perfect. Just watch the movie without comparing it to something else. Remakes of movies can be great if you let go of the past.

:wave:

12. IDK about this..... it could be incredibly cool or horribly awful.

13. I am a fan of Johnny Depp, but truthfully, I hate how he seems to be in every single role for quirky or dark pictures that I would love to see brought to the big screen. I'm kind of sick of him at this point and if he is not careful, he is going to get pigeonholed into these roles.... Can't he start accepting some more roles like in The Ninth Gate? Instead of these dark and quirky characters that he has been doing to death for the last 5 years.

14. He's a weird ass guy that found a niche to suit him. Shouldn't fault him for that. Although I do understand where you are coming from...I think he does a great job at these roles. Of course its all personal opinion :p

15. I love him too! That is why I wish he would show more range in his roles these days.

16. I admit it would be cool to see him in some other kind of role. ;)

[​IMG]

Such an awesome and sad movie. :(

17. Hopefully this is good. I enjoyed the new Willy, however, the classic is MUCH better.