New Aeroponics setup

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by fallinprince, Mar 13, 2011.

1. So im looking at a first time setup. i was looking into getting a setup like the one below it has 20 sites and the guy is going to give it to me NEW for 150$.

Im fairly certain im going with the botanicare line due to having some nutes already from a previous soil grow (that are hydro compatible)

Im not sure what i should get for lights. Currently i have around 15 65k 23watt cfls with enough Y splitters to extend that to around 30 cfls if needed

to be Switched out for 27k cfls for flower

ive got another 500$ to buy my basic nutrients (for hydro grows), HID light if recommended

Attached Files:

2. okay...that is not aeroponics and is more hydroponics. Cute setup but when it comes to the roots you will have problems. This looks great fro small plants and then moving them to a larger area for the root system. I have made a aeroponic system that works great. The root system has a 20 gallon area to develop in air while getting sprayed with a mist. I have a site called myaeroponics and have put up video's on youtube also on how I construct my system. really cheap and easy. In a area of two feet by 10 feet I have 80 plants going. Root systems are over four foot in length.

3. Well i guess ill see how big these plants can really get theres a pretty decent amount of room on either end cap.

im going to do a scrog grow and im thinkin a 600watter inside a 4x4 grow tent

4. it amazes me how adaptable a plant can be. So are there sprays in there or does water just flow through?

5. the guy who built it actually installed an air injection line

that bubbles all the way and down the length of the hose so each bar has its own air line

I havent actually seen it work but ill post pics and turn this into a grow journal sometime next week.

the only thing i really want to know at this point. Is a 600 watt Enough light