New account calls for a new grow diary

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vibrationalprimate, Jul 12, 2017.

1. So I am unable to log in to my old account so decided to make a new one.

I've grown many times before but I've never perfected The art. I usually use great genetics and while my harvests have been good and of decent quality it can always be improved. So this little grow is more of a test to improve on my current method.
    Due to some unfortunate circumstances I wasn't able to buy seeds from a good seed bank but my friends dad had some bag seed laying around and gave me 13 of them, 11 sprouted though 2 were pretty weak so I pulled them. he said they were jack herer though I suspect that not to be true as I understand jack herer is sativa dominant and the plants all seem to be indica dominant apart from one. So chances are they are different strains.

I have purposely decided to keep the plants small in order to shorten the grow time as this grow isn't about yield but quality. (Though I still hope to get atleast 4 oz.)

Here are some photos of them at 5 weeks 3 days from germination
    20170711_234223.jpg

They were all topped at the start of week 4

20170711_234251.jpg
    20170711_234302.jpg 20170711_234331.jpg 20170711_234512.jpg 20170711_234517.jpg

I plan to flower them at the end of week 6. If they aren't the size I want before flipping I may consider an extra week of veg.
    if anyone has any advice or any handy tips let me know.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. What are you using for lighting? Method? Bottled nutrients? Chemical or organic nutrients? Dry organic fertilizers added directly to soil mix? Worm castings? Mycorrhizal fungi?

J

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the questions man.

I am currently using a t5 set up for veg. I'm not sure on the wattage but I will post a picture of it.
    Screenshot_2017-07-12-01-10-32.png
    for flower I will be using a 60 HPS.
    They are in a coco perlite mix and I am using advanced nutrients CoCo sensi grow a&b with advanced nutrients B52 and Canna Rhizotonic about once a week for the veg cycle and will be using sensi bloom coco a&b, canna boost, canna pk13/14 for flower.
    My PH stays around 6-6.5

4. 600w HPS*

5. Sounds to me you've got a good thing going - your plants do look healthy, your stalks thick. A T5 is a good light for veg and a 600 HPS will really ramp things up. You should be excited!

Now, I'm an organic soil gardener but I do hear of some of the Hydro bottle crowd having good results with using a few different mycorrhizal fungi products - might be worth looking into. If I pure not aware, these fungus create relationships with plant roots, actually growing into the plants roots and reaching out further than the root could and taking nutrients into the plant root itself over distance - very cool stuff.

Good luck with your garden - I've no doubt you're going to do well.

J

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks man. Do you think 4 ounces from the 9 plants at this size (20 cm tall (before flower) with 4-6 main colas) is a realistic expectation. I'm expecting 14 per plant but I could be very wrong and only get 7g per plant.

7. Stuff looks great
    If it is a jack herer that'll be fun
    I have a jack herer, don't remember the breeder, but it turned 5 weeks yesterday and looks to have another 3 weeks to go
    Really happy with the strain
    I use age old nutrients, mammoth p,
    And in veg I used some of the mycorrhiza products with absolutely stellar results
    This is a single jack herer in a 5x5[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes, realistic especially with plant training.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. Show us some of your other grows if you still got an saved somewhere! I'd like to see previous crops, I have no doubt you'll do well and reach your goal.

I got a girl about to finish in 10ish days

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wow man you have done really well!!

11. Here is an auto purple I had a long while ago man. Unfortunately this had to be cut down 2 weeks early due to it turning into a hermie. I didn't want it to compromise my other plants. Still was really happy with it because it was my first ever purple weed.
    Screenshot_2017-07-12-08-54-07.png

12. Update how do things look? I've noticed he new growth is my lighter in colour than the large fan leaves. I don't know if this is a problem or not , what do you think?

Attached Files:

13. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Quick update. i switched to 12/12 just under 3 weeks ago and after 2 weeks sex started showing. I got one male which is being kept in a second room for potential breeding and I have a hermie on one cola which I am keeping an eye on. If only that one cola grows sacks I will snip it off.

Anyway this is 4 days after they started showing sex

Also I am now starting to notice the leaves are more sativa style which is odd because when the plants were smaller the leaves looked very indica dominant

14. Sorry about photo quality. I'm using an old iPod as a camera

15. I've been having issues keeping the temperature below 80 degrees and you may notice small white spots on the leaves which I suspect is the start of a spider mite issue. I've been spraying them with water and bio dish soap until I get some neem oil. Both of these problems are something I usually get but generally the spider mites have never caused me an issue dispite the mild leave damage.

I'm also waiting for a couple large jack herers to finish off flowering in the next couple weeks at which point I can spread these small plants out a bit which isn't ideal but it'll be ok

16. So today my worst fear became a reality. Ive had a mass case of Hermies. I was expecting this due to them being bag seed but I'm not going to give up. I will remove pollen sacks as i find them and hope for the best. I've come too far to start again and need the money asap. A shame but I can work with it.

17. Got any pics of the pollen sacks on the plants?

Grow journal

18. Hey man only just saw that you responded. At the moment the plants are pollen sack free. When they inevitably grow back I will post a photo on here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. So here we are on week 3 day 6 of flower. The flowers are really forming now and trichomes are starting to cover all the leaves. There is a very strong citrus orange smell to them too. The density of the buds has amazed me. They are rock hard. The pollen sacks haven't caused much of an issue. I check the plants twice a day which usually takes me about 45 mins.

Attached Files:

20. Looks Nice man! Do you see the white spots on your fan leaves? Just noticed it, I would get a Scope, magnifying glass or jewelers loupe. And check for powdery mildew or bugs. On the 3rd Picture from the bottom looks like you have something going on but I can't see good enough with them pictures you might want to zoom in with a camera/phone. and try to get in under control. Take better pictures and post them so people could see closer up!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1