New Above the Influence Commercial!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ataraxis, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Oh it's so good, definitely look forward to seeing it. This girl just walks downstairs, takes her trophies and awards and just tosses them in the fireplace. Then the voiceover says "Marijuana harms you more than you think."

I think these commercials are best understood while high, so make sure to prep yourself so you really get the message. Those guys really ought to start a pro-pot campaign so that people really understand how bad this marijuana drug is, ya know?

2. You would be surprised how many people believe the 'information' put out by these commercials, web sites, school programs and such. I was talking to my girlfriend about Grasscity the other day and the only audible response I could get from her was, "They're all going to have the minds of ten year olds when they're in their forties!" Yes, it's ludicrous, but I've come to the conclusion that people are influenced by the power of suggestion and what the masses actually believes, which makes these early stages of cannabis liberation very difficult.

It's easy to be pessimistic in a fight against oppression, but it's just like being a missionary. Get out there, speak, educate and spread the word. Of course some people are more difficult than others, vis a vis, "Oh god.. here we go with the conspiracy crap. Weed has brainwashed you, can't you see?!"

:rolleyes:

3. I wish I could remember the quote, but it essentially says that the larger the group of people the lower the average intelligence. I think this applies nicely for the people that buy into advertisements labeled as "Public Service Announcements."... and advertising in general.

4. Hey, the government said it, so therefore it must be true! Right?

5. You should go into politics.

6. to think, that money could have a much better use then being spent on propaganda.

7. thats the one were that kid sets his car on fire right? man i was like WTF it should be "cocaine harms more than you think"

8. True that.

9. omg man i love those commercials always good for a really ab busting laugh

10. That's why I pretty much watch all of my TV online nowadays, and if not I have a DVR to fastforward through commercials.

No more dealing with bullshit.

11. I feel safer

12. How about the above the influence commercial that shows the teenage girl who got really high and then had naked pictures taken of herself . That shits so funny , she looks right at the camera and says " those pictures must be from saturday night...I WAS HIGH !!! " , it just seemed like something from reefer madness . You will rarely see commercials against alcohol , prescription pills , or any other drug (the actual dangerous drugs ) , why do they try so hard to demonize cannabis ? This is pitiful , propaganda and its best , I wish they would stop this insanity:( .

13. actually i have been seeing more and more prescription drug commercials, such as the one where they are interviewing the drug dealer

14. Really , that's good , I haven't really seen any other ones besides a couple about alcohol , and a couple dozen about pot .

15. because i burnt my guitar for weed :rolleyes:

16. Since when does the government know what's good for the people? LOL...most people don't even know WHY marijuana was made illegal, it's just bad because media (and brainwashed people) say so. Ah....to be ignorant..